Cinemagic getting pulled from XM Satellite Radio on 7/1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I never really listened to Cinemagic, so I won't miss it, but it does suck for those that enjoy it. Most of my music listening now is done via Shoutcast or Pandora. I occasionally tune to Sirius XM for O&A, Playboy Radio, Spice Radio and the sports stuff. At work lately I've been in a company vehicle with no cassette player, so during the day driving around I have no way to listen to streaming audio off of my phone so I listen to…Silence. Hey it’s better than terrestrial radio!

I don't see Sirius XM ever bringing back the stations that made the services great, it will only get worse over time, but I can't bring myself to cancel and I would seriously miss Opie & Anthony, even though I don’t listen to them as much as I used to.

This is the last steak into the heart of what was XM Satellite Radio.

Cinemagic was a channel unlike no other.

It passes and joins other magical channels that only real satellite radio could offer... it joins channels like Special X, On The Rocks and even Sirius's Vacation as the unique channels which are no longer with us. :(

Mel has KILLED everything that was great about Satellite Radio. SiriusXM now is FM Radio without commercials.

Take good notes. This is exactly what would happen if Dish ever succeeds in merging/buying DirecTV.

That kinda sucks, I enjoyed listening to that channel...Not all the time, but the way this crap is going might as well listen to FM radio and listen to commercials. Tired of them gutting this service. Also as a side note, why should we have to pay for internet radio when we pay for the content already...especially when you can get free radio on-line all over the place. (just keeps getting worse) Will be glad when my subscription is up and I cancel. Good riddens XM radio.

Please let us know how that goes. Wanting to cancel XM is one thing. Actually being able to do so is quite another.

Boooo! Mel, you suck. XM Radio had a deeper playlist and unique channels with music not heard anywhere else. Now chop the variety by 90%, eliminate half the genres, and you have Sirius. I'm down to two radios (one for my father in law that my wife wanted us to pay for, and one in my car.) My wife switched to Pandora in her car and hasn't looked back. Baseball and football games are the only thing keeping me anchored right now.

I just about lost it over the weekend when driving up to the Twin Cities, I turned on the radio in my wife's car for the first time since this last lineup change of the month and tried to tune to America's Talk and find Leo Laporte. The categories were all messed up so I rebooted the unit. This time the category names were all there, but America's Talk was still missing. I thought to myself, "Great... another channel I listen to dumped. This is the last straw!" I then mentally went through and thought about what I would do if I switched to a Steaming Only subscription. I thought about it and figured that I'd save a couple bucks and if I really wanted to listen to XM in my car, I'd just use my Android phone. I got to the in-laws house and looked at the programming schedule and America's Talk was still listed. So I don't know what I was up with my radio, but I'm about 80% convinced that I should just kill all my radios so I don't have to worry about channels disappearing.

I do what Scott did only with my iPhone and not an ipad. Iheartradio, shoutcast radio, a couple of other radio apps, and Pandora. I haven't had any problems with my Internet service and it's been 6 months. But when I do, my iPod is ready to go. Shoutcast radio has a movie channel similar to cinemagic, too. You can even get Howard Stern's channel for free from the west coast stream. I can't believe SiriusXM is still surviving charging those prices with all the apps that are available. A lot of the apps are streaming at a higher bit rate, too, and sound awesome. Haven't missed XM a bit since going this route.

Where do you get Howard for free? I do remember one place but forget how to get it

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk.

Download the app radio (at least that's what it is on iTunes) or look for shoutcast radio. Under the shoutcast tab, scroll down to talk radio. Howard 101.5 is on there (his west coast feed) in both 64 and 128 bit streams. And it's totally free.

Xm radio sucks the big one. Just shallow playlists and waste one artist channels. Thank you not for ruining what xm radio was great for. The 80s channel is a butchered mess now. Maybe they should rename it the prince and Asia heat of the moment channel because that is all I heat when I tune it in. 1980s.fm plays a bigger playlist. Heck even 977 80s channel plays a bigger variety.

I switched to Internet radio on my iPod last year and have not looked back. The TuneIn radio app gives me a load of stations. I subscribe to DI.fm Premuim so I get a much bigger variety of EDM music than satellites pathetic three channels offer. Even though much the EDM they do offer is too raw for my taste Also SKY.fm which is much tamer included has a movie score channel.

Have you checked out the ooTunes APP? Just about every single radio station worldwide that has streaming available (which is pretty much all of them), FM, AM, Internet, ex are available in this APP. The APP is $5 and the server APP is $15. The mobile APP alone gives you free access to all stations in their library, which is now over 30,000. The server APP, which is not needed for the mobile APP, allows you to access your own library from your own computer. This is a one time fee and all stations and feeds are free.

iPhone / iPod iTouch / iPad Radio Streaming App

I wasted my money on a bunch of radio apps some don't even let you add your own custom streams and they lock the screen. I like to keep the screen on even on battery because with it locked sometimes it turns off the wifi.

TuneIn is the best out of all of them. It lets you add your own streams which i have the premium di and sky.fm stations By default it prevents the locking of the screen The pro version is only a dollar and the only difference is no iAds, record feature and browser. I use the pro version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)