CinemaPlus??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes maybe they are tying to phrase it away from the term "VOD" and Cinema sounds better :)

It says it requires professional installation. I already have DECA/MRV with the Internet Connection Kit. Do I need something else?

Anyone have any experience with this feature yet? I'm currently in the process of making a decision between Dish Network and DirecTV and am wondering if this is a real "game changer" or not.

Anyone have any experience with this feature yet? I'm currently in the process of making a decision between Dish Network and DirecTV and am wondering if this is a real "game changer" or not.

Dont know if this is a game changer, someone correct me but I think its just going to be more options for PPV??

satjay said:
Dont know if this is a game changer, someone correct me but I think its just going to be more options for PPV??

Yep.:(

Game changer...Should not be..

CinemaPlus. Its just more Pay per view..

I have both Direc and dish:

Its simple..

Direc for sports...NFL ticket, Center Ice, Baseball...All the sport packages you want

Dish: More Premium Movie channels and best Dvr..

CinemaPlus. Its just more Pay per view..
Its simple..

Direc for sports...NFL ticket, Center Ice, Baseball...All the sport packages you want

Dish: More Premium Movie channels and best Dvr..

Not to thread hijack here, but when you say "best DVR" are you talking about the 722 or the 922 that Dish wants me to pay an extra $200 for?

People keep on with the best dvr, but the 922 is buggy and pricey. The Vip722K's only real one up is the 4 recordings at once (I had one BTW).

Don't forget the $17 per month lease fee on the 922 on top of the hundreds you pay up front. And if your argument is "But it has Sling", I'll say you can go buy a Slingbox for less than half of the upfront cost of the 922, and there is no monthly fee attached to it. Hell. I'll even say you can buy a Slingbox AND a dedicated HR24 to connect it to, and you'll STILL be almost $150 less than the 922, AND you'll only pay $5 a month for the extra receiver.

The 722 does 2 SAT recordings at once. If you buy the OTA module and have an OTA antenna, it'll do 2 OTA recordings as well, but it won't do 4 SAT recordings at once. Oh and don't forget if you have 2 TV's hooked up to it, conflicting DVR recordings take over TV2. MAJOR flaw in that system.

As for Cinema, it's not just PPV and movies. Pretty much EVERY channel has a VOD now, and D* carries pretty much all of them in Cinema+ (starting at channel 1000). If its a channel you subscribe to, you get that channel's VOD for FREE! The only thing is the 1000 channels only show up on a DVR tuner. But if you have MRV, once they begin downloading you can watch them from any HD box. Hopefully sometime in the future they'll make it so you can initiate downloads from an HD box just like the way you can start/schedule a recording on a remote DVR.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts