Cinemax For A Penny

I guess I'm silly and losing out - and don't really care. I'll pay how I want to. I had a whole bunch of movie free previews for months and didn't like putting up with the myriads of crap to get a couple of movies. There are a lot better sources to get movies from without all the garbage coming in as well. No thanks.

I don't watch it much because I'm not really a movie person. Having said that it's nice to have 4 more HD channels to choose from for basically free.

I signed up for it a couple of months ago. I figured since I was already on autopay anyway, why not. I've seen several good movies since then... absolutely worth the penny.

Everyonce in a while I watch a movie on Cinemax. Would I pay $13 a month for it? No. However, I've gotten way more than a penny's worth of watching it.

For $13 a month I'd just go to Redbox and get the newer movies. I could rent 13 a month and I never watch that many on Cinemax. I'm lucky if I watch 2 a month.

Free Cinemax is a good way to keep some of their subscribers. Just a little something like that can go a long ways.

I guess I'm silly and losing out - and don't really care. I'll pay how I want to. I had a whole bunch of movie free previews for months and didn't like putting up with the myriads of crap to get a couple of movies. There are a lot better sources to get movies from without all the garbage coming in as well. No thanks.

The point is, if you are on autopay and paperless (like many of us), you might as well enjoy skinemax for a year at 1 cent.

:down - for cinemax. What you said here makes me not even want to try it. You just got my 2 cents - and that's twice as much as cinemax costs per year.

You definitely should not do it. Why on earth would you want 4 more commercial free hd channels with uncut movies at practically no cost to you?

You wouldn't.

What are the chances that there would be at least one movie a month that you would be interested in? Practically zero.

Don't do it.

My quick take on "Skinemax" is that 90% of the films are "B-flicks" not really worth watching, and lots of repeats. But, if you are willing to take the time to review the schedule ---- esp. easy using Slinguide through a browser -- and use the DVR for capture, there are some gems out there. I'm still on the 1 cent plant so I'm not sure it's worth actually paying the $12/13 a month.

The point is, if you are on autopay and paperless (like many of us), you might as well enjoy skinemax for a year at 1 cent.

i agree 100%! still to this day this is one of the best deals around! who wouldn't want more hd channels that are commercial free and for 2 pennies a year ?

You definitely should not do it. Why on earth would you want 4 more commercial free hd channels with uncut movies at practically no cost to you?

You wouldn't.

What are the chances that there would be at least one movie a month that you would be interested in? Practically zero.

Don't do it.[/QUOTE

Probably NO chance whatsoever....................

Stay away..........stay FAR away......................

:up;):rolleyes::)

Ed

My quick take on "Skinemax" is that 90% of the films are "B-flicks" not really worth watching, and lots of repeats. But, if you are willing to take the time to review the schedule ---- esp. easy using Slinguide through a browser -- and use the DVR for capture, there are some gems out there. I'm still on the 1 cent plant so I'm not sure it's worth actually paying the $12/13 a month.
Good idea with the sling-guide. I like that on the other channels - it's so easy to search for something.

If I have one error on my bill, which has already happened about 20% of my bills, then it's a PITA to get it fixed - and I don't want to autopay prior to fixing THEIR error. Plus I like getting a paper bill to read over. Many people are probably too busy , but it saves you $ in the end - and you actually know what's going on with your account.

Why would you guys argue with someone's personal choice? Let it go - especially the sarcasm. This board gets less and less desirable to be on with that crap. You might keep it up though, after knowing that, just so I don't post something opposite of what you like.

The only thing I take issue with is the "myriads for crap" comment you made.

Its freakin easy, you sign up for autopay and paperless on the site, both of which are drama free. You then email the ceo and ask for 1yr at 0.01. Its not a big ordeal like you claim it is, and saying that there are better sources for movies is not entirely true, especially at 1 cent for a year.

Like I said in my previous post, if you are on autopay and paperless you're dumb not to grab the deal. Not getting paperless and autopay to enjoy the deal is a little ridiculous too, however you try and justify it in your mind.

The only thing I take issue with is the "myriads for crap" comment you made.

Its freakin easy, you sign up for autopay and paperless on the site, both of which are drama free. You then email the ceo and ask for 1yr at 0.01. Its not a big ordeal like you claim it is, and saying that there are better sources for movies is not entirely true, especially at 1 cent for a year.

Like I said in my previous post, if you are on autopay and paperless you're dumb not to grab the deal. Not getting paperless and autopay to enjoy the deal is a little ridiculous too, however you try and justify it in your mind.
Obviously I have a different standard on movies than you (doesn't everybody?). That comment was in the context of so many movies I don't like - just to find one quasi-worth while. No wonder I don't want to. So why take issue with someone else's personal standards? It's pointless on these forums.

I know it's easy, I've done it before on other services - I didn't like it. I didn't say I was a big ordeal. Perhaps you could read what I actually was talking about instead of mistaking things.

I get movies at no extra charge all the time, and only ones I like. Perhaps you know my situation better that even I? (I doubt it)

I'm not on autopay nor paperless - nor do I want to. Just drop it dude. Why take issue with someone's personal choice? Are you the type that likes to make sure everyone else is doing what you deem a deal, or good? It's absurd that someone would even care what I choose on that regard, let alone comment that a choice is 'ridiculous'.

If Playboy was 1 cent as well, would you be telling me the same thing? I could guess the answer to that based on what you already said. Would that one be a 'better source' as well?

Id take playboy for a cent.

One might ask, why did you even bother continuing to post in a thread where everyone is discussing a great deal(you dont agree with)? We all agree it is, then you claim it isnt, then complain because we dont agree with you. Round and round we go.

This thread is getting boring :sleeo, gonna go enjoy my 1 cent skinemax.

Id take playboy for a cent.
Your different standards are why you don't agree on the topic. But to even bring it up in the first place is silly - as it is obvious that everyone doesn't agree on those sort of things.

One might ask, why did you even bother continuing to post in a thread where everyone is discussing a great deal(you dont agree with)? We all agree it is, then you claim it isnt, then complain because we dont agree with you. Round and round we go.
I didn't know it was off limits to post, in jest, on this thread. Someone should mention that up front. Or perhaps, if you lightened up - you'd realize that. I continue posting to explain myself, because you aren't understanding, nor trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts