Cinemax Hd To Launch Friday

LOL!!! This is too funny!

I know that was a joke. I HOPE that was a joke. But I guess the filmed series reruns could be remastered into HD but with the dreaded pillar box.... or worse! The TV Land could take the TNT approach and make the channel "blow!" :D But there is nothing you can do with videotaped series. You can't make a diamond out of a turd (resolution-wise anyway)

See ya
Tony
Thats not true!!! Perhaps Tony should watch Hogan's Hero's reruns on HD Net No Pillar boxes..does not look stretched. They did a great job by using the original 35 mm film as source material

Thats not true!!! Perhaps Tony should watch Hogan's Hero's reruns on HD Net No Pillar boxes..does not look stretched. They did a great job by using the original 35 mm film as source material

Hogan's Hero's on HD Net and Flipper on Famly does look pretty good even though the source was 4:3 35 mm film then cropped to 16:9

But there is nothing you can do with videotaped series. You can't make a diamond out of a turd (resolution-wise anyway)
If the original print was film (as were most tv series way back then), it's simple to make it into HD, as film has a higher resolution than HD.
But if it was videotaped (WKRP is a rare example, due to music rights fee. Royalties were cheaper for videotape than film), then forget about it.

The key is if the original film is available and in good shape.

But if it was videotaped (WKRP is a rare example, due to music rights fee. Royalties were cheaper for videotape than film), then forget about it.
Bailey (and, okay, yes, Jennifer, too) in HD!!! I was soo bummed to find out that WKRP was butchered by royalty issues in the DVD release. I heard they had to remove whole scenes that played off of musical jokes.
SFX: Pink Floyd's Dogs playing over monitor speakers.
CARLSON: Are those dogs I hear?
FEVER: I know I do...​

Regarding other old TV programming in HD, Thunderbirds and UFO look fantastic, even though they were shot in 4:3. Hogans Heroes is fun to watch when I can. What about "Wild, Wild, West"? That was one of my favorites growing up, or the "Mission: Impossible" episodes? They should all be on 35mm.

As far as Cinemax HD: Having HBO and Showtime in HD haven't sold me yet, so I don't think that adding Cinemax HD to the pot is going to make any difference. However, a $10-12 HD Premiums Package with all the HD movie channels might. The providers probably would never go for it, though.

They do not offer west feed, becuase it would be a waste of bandwith. With DVR you do not need west feed.

A waste of bandwidth.. HUH
How many PPV's does dish have? Now that's a waste of bandwidth IMO And all the locals they have to uplink because "most" people are to lazy to put up an OTA antenna.

How many PPV's does dish have? Now that's a waste of bandwidth IMO And all the locals they have to uplink because "most" people are to lazy to put up an OTA antenna.

I want the locals AND I have a whopping big yagi attached to top of the chimney of my 2 story house. Problem is I can't get a reliable signal on the one station I want the "most".

Perhaps you should watch the Hogan's Heros reruns on HDNet. I assure you, it is pillarboxed. The framing is opened up to 14:9, but unless you have an extreme overscanning issue you should be able to notice the pillarboxing.

Thank You for adding Cinemax HD Dish Netowrk and any added hd is apreciated but please add Sci-Fi hd.Thank You

As far as Cinemax HD: Having HBO and Showtime in HD haven't sold me yet, so I don't think that adding Cinemax HD to the pot is going to make any difference. However, a $10-12 HD Premiums Package with all the HD movie channels might. The providers probably would never go for it, though.

I am excited to add another premium movie channel. I love the idea of a $12 HD Premium package, but I think you are right, the providers would NEVER go for it. Too bad. It is a good idea.

I am getting up early tomorrow to see if CinemaxHD is actually there (like a child on christmas morning). Will E* be making the channel available in the morning or later during the day?

I am getting up early tomorrow to see if CinemaxHD is actually there (like a child on christmas morning). Will E* be making the channel available in the morning or later during the day?

I've heard "before noon.":up

I've always wanted MAXHD, in order to give AEP "more value." It's too bad that they had to raise the price of AEP+HD $10 this year before adding MAXHD - it kinda takes the fun out of it!

Brad

I just met with HBO about an hour ago...

All looks good, they wouldnt actually say it was launching tommorow, but gave the old wink, wink, nudge nudge routiene, and then told me they have a Nice Cinemax HD Launch video which will be shown tommorow at the General Assembly. After that the person did their best Sgt. Shultz and said "I know nothing!" (with some more winks.) :)

I believe they only have 1 HDPPV channel.
As for those people who want locals, ever live out in the boonies where reception was less than ideal, or non existent? Look at the DMA's, almost all of them have some areas where local reception does not exist for all the major networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)