Cinemax HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It uses Megapipe/Combomode. The consumer 4DTV ird can not receive Megapipe/Combomode.

OK...I remember hearing something about this. I realize it's not available with 4DTV, but does anyone know which model receivers (commercial receivers obviously) will receive this if one was to be able to get authorization?

HDTVFanAtic said:
OK...I remember hearing something about this. I realize it's not available with 4DTV, but does anyone know which model receivers (commercial receivers obviously) will receive this if one was to be able to get authorization?

The equipment you'll need will cost at least $5000 and unless you are a cable company or other MSO, you won't get authorized.

DSR-4800 / DSR-4810 appears to be the unit.

Now the question are where they are available in the used market - and as they have a baseband SDI out, do they have the proper output through their serial port or otherwise that will feed a HDD-200.

HDTVFanAtic said:
DSR-4800 / DSR-4810 appears to be the unit.

Now the question are where they are available in the used market - and as they have a baseband SDI out, do they have the proper output through their serial port or otherwise that will feed a HDD-200.

The 48xx's come pre authorized to get anything that is unencrypted, but transmitted in DC2. Cinemax is encrytpted. You won't be authorized for Cinemax, plus you'll still need an HDD-1000/1100.

I actually have a HDD-1000 - though wasn't planning on using it for this. I guess plans have to change.

I'm pretty sure I can get authorization for Cinemax if I can get the DSR - though I agree with you in that I doubt others know everyone that I do.

I'm trying to decide if someone seriously considering dropping five grand to get around HD-lite is showing comittment or that they should be comitted.

GeorgeLV said:
I'm trying to decide if someone seriously considering dropping five grand to get around HD-lite is showing comittment or that they should be comitted.

1) It wasnt anywhere close to the price you quoted.

2) CinemaxHD isn't in HD or HDLITE on E* or D*....or even the 2 cable systems that pass my house for that fact.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)