Cinemax penny deal ending??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My one year of Cinemax for a penny isn't up until May. I assume we'll still get it the rest of our year of service even though the promotion is over.

My one year of Cinemax for a penny isn't up until May. I assume we'll still get it the rest of our year of service even though the promotion is over.

That is what many of us want to know. My promo should end in June 2010 however I got the letter last month.

DISH is not helping the situation because they appear to be sending out multiple versions of the Cinemax is ending letter with conflicting info about automatically renewing versus automatically terminating.

Their website says you still are enrolled in the promo under programming, your bill says it has ended and the channels removed from your account and on this same bill they charge you another penny and congratulate you on extending you another year.

WTF?

All I want to know is when they will turn off my channels so I can watch my bill to make sure they do not begin to charge me for Cinemax.

At least they're screwing up in your favor.

For now...remind me to find this post when they try to retoractively bill me the full price for their mistake...that's what they've been doing to me over the Hawaii HD fee for months now.

I saw on my bill from last year that I was charged the 1 penny for 1 year of Cinemax on Nov 20, so I called on that date last month and asked the CSR if she would cancel the Cinemax so I didn't have to pay full price for it. She said my Cinemax was good until Dec 15, and on that day it would automatically end for me. I asked her if she could also automatically end my HBO/Showtime free promotion when it ended, and she said no, I would have to call again on Nov 30 to remove those channels.

I called on Nov 30 and the CSR removed the HBO/Showtime and I asked him to check that my Cinemax was really going to expire automatically on Dec 15. He said that it looked like my Cinemax was good until Dec 22, and I should call again and double check when the time came.

I looked at my statement online today and on the front page it had the warning that I was going to be charged for Cinemax beginning next month, but on page 2 it showed that my Cinemax penny-for-a-year promotion was renewed on Nov 21, the same date as the bill.

So I called Dish again and the CSR was as confused as I was. She said they were told that customers on the penny-for-a-year promotion would automatically lose the Cinemax channels when the promotion ended. But she also said that it looked like my Cinemax was renewed until Dec 20, 2010. She didn't see anything on my next bill that indicated I would be charged the $12.99 for Cinemax.

So she told me to sit tight and watch my next bill and if I started to get charged for the channel anytime in the next year, I should call and complain!

Cinemax for a penny renewed?

I called dish today cause I wanted to know why my bill was in spanish. I don't speak/read spanish. I also wanted my bill translated. There was a charge for a penny, the csr said it was for cinemax. I told her I thought that was over with. She replied it is being renewed for certain customers.

I called dish today cause I wanted to know why my bill was in spanish. I don't speak/read spanish. I also wanted my bill translated. There was a charge for a penny, the csr said it was for cinemax. I told her I thought that was over with. She replied it is being renewed for certain customers.

My online bill is in Spanish too. WTF! I don't speak Spanish.

I got a letter a month ago saying it would drop off this month on its own and I could add it back. Today I got a letter saying my promotion would end next month and I would have to call and have it removed or else pay regular price.

On my bill:
We hope you are enjoying your Cinemax programming at the
special promotional price of only a penny a year! This is a
courtesy reminder that your promotional period will expire next
month. Starting with your next billing statement, your account
will reflect the low programming price of $12.99 a month for
Cinemax.

and I was charge a penny on 12/10
One Time Charges
Dec 10 1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer 0.01

If I go to remove programming I can't remove Cinemax, it says I am still on the penny annual plan.

On Line

Under premiums Max shows a grayed out chk mark in the box. Then it says the following: Please call 1-888-884-2741 to change your annual Cinemax for a Penny promotion.

Lots of confusion! I was charged .01 last month and got a letter saying it would end this month. I just got a letter yesterday saying it was over and if I wanted to add it call in. Well I am still getting it and when I check my programming the box is grayed out too and it says the same thing as above.

Under premiums Max shows a grayed out chk mark in the box. Then it says the following: Please call 1-888-884-2741 to change your annual Cinemax for a Penny promotion.

I checked it again today and now I can uncheck the box so I think I am getting charged now. I couldn't complete the order to remove it, it said I already made a change in the last 12 months.

I used the phone system to remove and got dinged $5, can't complain about two years for $5.02

I was listening to the radio today after work and I heard a commercial for dish network and they mention the penny deal.

Chat

I checked it again today and now I can uncheck the box so I think I am getting charged now. I couldn't complete the order to remove it, it said I already made a change in the last 12 months.

I used the phone system to remove and got dinged $5, can't complain about two years for $5.02

I would've tried the chat to get the fee waived.

I've been getting notices (mail) and phone calls about Cinemax coming to an end also. Received my bill today and it has a line item for Cinemax from 12/16/09 thru 12/15/10 and the price is $.01. Still have Cinemax as of today.

So as I said in an earlier post a Dish rep told me mine would be removed on 12/21, but it is still here. Maybe they meant 12/21 is the last day. I'll update you all tomorrow.

I've been getting notices (mail) and phone calls about Cinemax coming to an end also. Received my bill today and it has a line item for Cinemax from 12/16/09 thru 12/15/10 and the price is $.01. Still have Cinemax as of today.

Phone calls, e-mails, letters with conflicting info, CSRs that give dates that come and go....

This is what has always made me nervous about autopay. I signed up for it and paperless as a condition of the Cinemax deal but DISH is too unpredictable when it comes to billing.

I may have to weigh being green with protecting my green once the deal ends for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts