Cinemax penny deal ending??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
W?O autopay

Phone calls, e-mails, letters with conflicting info, CSRs that give dates that come and go....

This is what has always made me nervous about autopay. I signed up for it and paperless as a condition of the Cinemax deal but DISH is too unpredictable when it comes to billing.

I may have to weigh being green with protecting my green once the deal ends for me.

You can have paperless billing w/o having autopay.

I have no problem with autopay.

I have my monthly DishNetwork bill programmed into my Quicken and with autopay I do not have to worry about forgetting it, I just double check it after it clears.

Quite convenient, no problems.

Well it is the 22nd and I still have Cinemax, so I guess what the rep told me that it would be shut off on the 21st was wrong. Now I spoke to another rep who said it has been renewed until August 2010 and when I mentioned I had gotten a letter that said the promotion was ending and Cinemax would be removed from my account, he said that was incorrect. My August 2009 bill is the one that says they have extended Cinemax for a penny for another year.

I have no problem with autopay.

I have my monthly DishNetwork bill programmed into my Quicken and with autopay I do not have to worry about forgetting it, I just double check it after it clears.

Quite convenient, no problems.

It sounds like you have never had a billing issue with DISH before:).

Unfortuantely, I have and it took alot more work to get resolved than I thought necessary. I prefer to be in charge of sending the money via check or electronically from now on.

I contacted Dish and was told that if I did nothing, it would automatically bill me $12.99 after December, which is what the 2nd letter said. 1st Letter I received said it was going away and that if I wanted to keep at $12.99, I would have to call. Feel like the 2nd letter is a bit shady on Dish's behalf. I love the service, but do not trust them enough to take anyone's word that I would not be billed @ $12.99, so I cancelled. Have not watched Cinemax in months thanks to my PS3 and Blu-Ray, so was not overly upset. Good luck to those brave souls who are taking the phone CSR's at their word. I hope it works out in your best interest.

I just got a second letter from DISH. My first was one of the ones that said the promotion was ending and that I need do nothing unless I wanted the service.

The new letter tells me that they hope I've enjoyed the service and that Cinemax has now been removed from my account.

No one apparently told my receiver, however. I guess they'll catch up with deleting the service at some point. Since this is DISH, I'm hoping it's "soon". :D

My current statement has the following section:

cinemax1.jpg

And then in the line item detail they charge me for it:

cinemax2.jpg

Clear as mud? Maybe they never charged the .01 for this year yet. Not sure, but Cinemax was still viewable as of this morning.

Received the most recent letter stating they were going to automatically start charging for Cinemax. I went online and tried to remove it, and it showed a $5 fee. Called customer service and they said the $5 fee was if you called customer service, if you did it on the internet it would be a free downgrade. I was told that in the original deal for the 1 cent that when it ended, they would automatically start charging the fee, but I don't have anything from two weeks ago, much less two years. Anyway, the confusing letters shows nothing but a disdain for old customers making us take action to NOT be charged. These guys shoot themselves in the foot way too often.......

First I received a letter stating it would end on the 13th of Dec and I wouldn't have to do anything and it would be removed. Next I received a letter that said starting with my Jan 2010 bill I would be charged the regular price for the service and if I didn't want it I would have to manually cancel the service.
I just checked my online account and my January statement shows Cinemax for 1 cent for a year, the charge is 1 cent.
I guess they decided to leave it alone.

Yes , weeks ago I received a letter for my 2nd DISH account for my parents. It said they would automatically remove it, but as of today it still is grayed out online and they are still getting Cinemax without charge ,other than 1 cent on last bill.

In my case, I got 1 letter saying it would expire Dec. 17th. Yet my Dec bill had the .01c charge. My on line that showed it grayed out had changed to 12.99 with a check mark. I tried to downgrade it online and it said to call in. I tried the automated phone system and of coarse it said I would be charged 5.00 downgrade fee. No way, so I hung up and called in again to speak to csr. 1st asked if I would have it for another year. She says you will have it until Dec 2011! Then she says please hold for 2 minutes to verify this and comes back with" that it was shut off Dec. 17th" and switched on Jan bill to 12.99. I said turn it off and don't charge me a downgrade fee due to price change. She agreed and 2 days later the charges showed a credit for Jan and part of Dec. It appears to me that they will leave it on your account unless you have them remove it. At least in my case.

My current statement has the following section:

View attachment 45572

And then in the line item detail they charge me for it:

View attachment 45573

Clear as mud? Maybe they never charged the .01 for this year yet. Not sure, but Cinemax was still viewable as of this morning.

These screen shots are most interesting ...

I went back to my October statement and I have no such notices in my bills statement about Cinemax about to expire.

Actually, on the contrary ... my Dec 23 bill was higher ... by how much you ask? ... 1 cent ... for what you ask? ... "One Time Charges 1 YR Cinemax Penny Offer" ...

I keep on going to my guide expecting the Cinemax channels to be red ... but ... Cinemax still going strong on my receiver ...

Edit:

Also, when I look at my account online ... the Cinemax section is grayed out with text to the effect "Please call PHONENUMBER to change your annual Cinemax for a penny promotion."

My bill was processed the other day (December 28th). I got to see it online yesterday and got charged the 1 penny and nothing else related to Cinemax. But no sign on the bill about Cinemax being taken off my account or being charged full price in the future. I went online and saw the the Cinemax part was still grayed out with no way to uncheck it.

So do you guys think the best way to approach this is check my online account once a day and once I can actually uncheck the Cinemax option, call up a CSR and have them remove it manually?

I wanted to cancel everything except for Cinemax on a second account where I only have one receiver and they told me that I could do it if I paid $6 per month access fee. Fine. Then they tell me that since Cinemax is billed annually at 1 cent that I had to pay the $6 per month one year in advance for a total of $72 that it had to be done annually as well. Told them I would just cancel the account. They said I had to speak to the loyalty team about it but haven't yet.

I just received a paper bill today... I never opted to receive a paper bill.

I logged in to my account and requested paperless billing again. I also look at programming and Cenimax is still greyed out and says "Please call 1-888-884-2741 to change your annual Cinemax for a Penny promotion."

Still getting it for free.

Well I never got a letter or email or any kind of notification and Cinemax disappeared from my guide yesterday.

I figured it was because the CC I had on file had expired, and sure enough it looks like I'd been de-enrolled from autopay.

I updated my CC, got myself all good again, and opened up a chat with support. They were able to re-enroll me in the Cinemax deal and I'm all good now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts