circular cband, lnbfs, dielectrics and polority

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
ive been planning to try a siamese scalar setup (somewhat like pendragons but a little cheaper) to play with circular cband. i had a few minutes today so i decided to test my dmx741u lnbf before i started hacking scalar rings. i already have the lnbf tweaked for linear cband in my 10 footer so i simply inserted the dielectric plate into the grooves. i began hunting for a lock. 53w and 50w were a no go. i then went on to hunt down 40.5w. i couldnt find it either. then by fluke i got a lock. for ku i always associate RH with V and LH with H but im finding the opposite works when trying to lock circular cband signals. so my questions before i tear out the lnbf are....

- should the lnbf skew be different for circular cband as opposed to linear ?
- does RH correspond to V and LH correspond to H like ku ?

im just wondering as im not pulling the lnb until i get a few more parts and it has me confused. im sure the dielectric is creating loss and my declination is a touch off but i cant lock any s2. my quality ranged from 9% to 99% on 40.5w. i still couldnt find 50w or 53w. i did manage to lock alot more tps than i thought i would but i think the lnbf needs to be skewed differently for the circular cband signals. anyone playing with circular cband with a dielectric and lnbf ?

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts