Cities try to illegally prohibit front yard satellite dishes

Uh, have you read the rest of this thread? I'm feeling a little picked on right now.

I thought I had posted another message but it apparently disappeared. The point I had tried to make is that not everyone has the same values. Some people like their houses that all look alike in a neighborhood of neatly manicured lawns where you can't do anything without the HOA nazis or city officials breathing down your neck. In my opinion, all those communities lack is bars around them, and some of them even have those.

I'd rather live in a neighborhood with cars on blocks in the front yards than one of those prison communities, but that's just me. I'd sort of hope that if my neighbors do have junk cars, they'd at least keep them in the back yard, but if they don't it's still none of my business. And I'd much prefer to live near people who feel the same way than the people who grumble about HOA's but ultimately conclude they are worth having.

What really bothers me is people who move into an existing neighborhood and then try to impose their values on the neighbors (and that goes both ways). If you don't like the neighborhood, why did you move there? If you like HOA's then stay out of neighborhoods where the people still believe in individual freedom, and vise versa. Personally I'd move to Wyoming (lowest population density of all the states, which means there should be some open land still available) before I'd put up with HOA regulations. Actually, I don't even have to go that far, there are plenty of nearly desolate places in my home state where the townships wouldn't care if you put up an entire C-band dish farm, and I'd rather live there than in a place with a HOA.

goaliebob99 said:
There is no need to be calling other memeber's Explicit names, Doing so again will result in a 10 day vacation from satellite guys. The next time after that results in a perminate ban. Please NO NAME BASHING OR ANYTHING ELSE AND KEEP IT CIVIL! Thank you!

What fun would that be if we kept quiet?

What I don't understand is HOAs changing the rules that they impose on home-owners and expecting the home-owner to comply.

After I got my Dish installed on a pole mount in the back yard of my apartment, with the building manager present to sign the necessary paper work I thought it would be all cool. The landlord came by two days later and left me a message telling me that the installation was not done to his satisfaction because the pole mount was installed too far away from the apartment building and thus made it difficult for the mowing boy (his son) to mow around it.

I asked him to front the cost of a reinstall ($99) and he promptly shut up, but there are tons of stories where DBS customers get their Dishes removed without notice because the new rule states that dishes have to be on the back of the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts