Cities try to illegally prohibit front yard satellite dishes

In Phoenix its illegal to park a car on your lawn, and they will fine you for grass over 6 inches. When my street light burned out I called the number listed in the phonebook and a few days later it was fixed. No HOA needed.

Yep, basically there's no way they can do it unless the law gets ammended. Hopefully it doesn't happen anytime in the future! :|

:( how did we let our country get to this point? wasn't the USA founded on freedom? i truly believe we no longer have any control of the government. and 9-11 just gave them the absolute total control on everything!!! in my opinion the terrorist succeeded in every way. and our government is helping by taking our freedom. god bless America! :usa

I think the point of these rules (like not parking junk cars in the front yards) is to protect other homeowners and the valve of thier homes. The no dish thing is silly. Your freedom is cool so long that doesn't mess with my freedom.

Hudson michigan has a city ordinance that prohibits satellite dish installations to be in the front yard.

Now to play the other side of the fence, I would hate to have a dish in my front yard and hate to see one in a front yard in my neighborhood just as much as I would hate to see a car on blocks, knee high grass, trash, in many situations the dish's are stuck right smack in the middle of the front yard when they could have easily been placed off to the side and $40 spent on a few shrubs to block the damned things. That was one thing that I worked very very hard to avoid was the front yard pole mount and in 6 years of working for richard network I only installed one in a front yard.

I had a city prick stop by to tell me my dish was up illegal. I told him that both me and the FCC disagree with him. It is on the side of the house but visible from the street. I told him if he has a problem he could bring me the ordnance and I would show him the federal law overruling any ordnance he may have.

Does anyone have a URL to the FCC law on this and OTA antennas in subdivisions. There are a whopping 8 houses on the culdesac, not really a true subdivision.

pabeader said:
Don't forget the ladscaping foam rocks that can be used to 'hide' a dish. Although I am all for standing up for my rights. If I am silly and move to an area that has rules about dishes then I give up the right to complain.

http://www.dish-rock.com/newrock.htm

I ordered one of those for a customer, took them 3 months to deliver it!

charzx11 said:
We have no HOA. They tried to start one and it boiled down to transplanted retired northerners who were for and real southerners who were against.
Not all HOAs are bad - I'm on my local board and part of my job is breaking boards over the Nazi (well, actually he's Bavarian, but close enough), that wants to make us do things as discussed above. Ain't gonna happen here. :D

The other troublemakers here are the frelling Californicators. The east coasters aren't nearly as much of a problem, but I'd really like to see those left-coasters move 1500 miles west. P.S. The Pacific Ocean is 1200 miles west of here. ;)

SimpleSimon said:
The other troublemakers here are the frelling Californicators. The east coasters aren't nearly as much of a problem, but I'd really like to see those left-coasters move 1500 miles west. P.S. The Pacific Ocean is 1200 miles west of here. ;)

You just dissed 33 million people. I bet you feel good about voting for GW.:mad:

the reason this country aint as free anymore is because of people who want things for free and make someone else pay for it. To do this, they vote for communist pinkos who promise them all this stuff, but they have to break the law to do it. Soon, as they keep brreaking more laws to give more usefull idiots the freebies they want, they start passing other laws that are draconian because they destroyed the barriers that were in place when they were giving people freebies. Now they want to give freebies to illegal aliens and terrorists, and use eminant domain to take away private property to give it to businesses who pay more taxes. Its the people who are screwing the constitution because they have become usefull idiots to the communist manifesto!

hobojoe said:
:mad: can't people just mind there own g*d d*m business! they try and dictate everything the color of your house your trash cans rv's in the driveway grass too high yes you heard that right in rancho santa fe ca there is a law that states your grass will be cut bi-weekly to no higher than 4" the fine is $275.00! i will never live in a apartment or condo or planed comunity!!! this sh*t pisses me off!!!!!!!

Same here!

houselog442 said:
the reason this country aint as free anymore is because of people who want things for free and make someone else pay for it. To do this, they vote for communist pinkos who promise them all this stuff, but they have to break the law to do it. Soon, as they keep brreaking more laws to give more usefull idiots the freebies they want, they start passing other laws that are draconian because they destroyed the barriers that were in place when they were giving people freebies. Now they want to give freebies to illegal aliens and terrorists, and use eminant domain to take away private property to give it to businesses who pay more taxes. Its the people who are screwing the constitution because they have become usefull idiots to the communist manifesto!

Wow, you're a f**king idiot. Sorry, but anyone who starts throwing out tons of insults and stupidity when discussing homeowners' associations is a moron.

That'd be nice, unfortunately beyond the fact that the OTARD rule makes this kinda rule illegal, there's not much more to say :)

Cedar Falls, Iowa tried that several years ago. Too bad, the few home owners they went after had nice looking yards and such. The city should have been going after the slumlords and the people with trashy yards.

MY two dish's Dish 500 and 61.5 are on my roof in the back. Now my neighbor's who rent were told by the land lord not to put it on the roof for it would void roof warranty. They had to put it on the side of the house that extends out from the main house and is a room for the furnace. When I originally tried that I lost signal in the summer do to nearby trees. No longer have that problem with dishes on the roof.

Two funny things there angle of attack is different plus being on dirctv they don't loose the 110 sat as I did in summer do to leaves. Plus the other funny thing is all my neighbors who have dishes all have it on their roofs. Not once has the homeowners association said anything to us about it.

OoTLink said:
Wow, you're a f**king idiot. Sorry, but anyone who starts throwing out tons of insults and stupidity when discussing homeowners' associations is a moron.
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Bravo .........You made my day:up :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts