Clarification on 211 DVR capabilities

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
My understanding is that after activating the $39.99 DVR service on this receiver, that you will be able to record programming similar to the 722/622/612 mpeg 4 receivers do but with only 1 tuner. My question lies in the pause/rewind/fast forward features. Will these be available when viewing live programming and also during a playback of something recorded to the external hard drive? Thanks.

My understanding is that after activating the $39.99 DVR service on this receiver, that you will be able to record programming similar to the 722/622/612 mpeg 4 receivers do but with only 1 tuner. My question lies in the pause/rewind/fast forward features. Will these be available when viewing live programming and also during a playback of something recorded to the external hard drive? Thanks.

Correct on 1 tuner, however if you have an antenna and use the OTA
input you can also watch the OTA while recording satellite or the other way around. Pause/rewind etc. work on live programming and the hard drive. My 211k hard drive works as well as my 722.

You can also record OTA and SAT while watching something previously recorded. All FF, RR, 30 sec skip, pause live tv, ect.. work.

It's also a one time account fee so if you have multiple 211s it will activate on all of them.

Im lost (what else is new) you can plug a hard drive to the 211 and pay 39.99 and use it as a DVR? are there any other recurring costs?
I googled it and saw November of last year it was suppose to be release...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)