Clarification on the usage of DMX-741 LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
:confused: I have just read that SES-3 satellite is moving to the Eastern side of the world come February 6. Also that some people are all confused about all this SES satellites replacing and taking over other satellites names and spots on the Clark Belt.

Well let me tell you, I am confused:confused: about all this business of using one LNBF to receive "C" and "K/u" band satellites all at one time. Ha,Ha,.

Seriously, I have been playing/working with two satellite dishes and two LNBF. One setup dedicated for K/u band and the other for C band receptions.

So far I have been pulling the little bit of hairs left on my head with these setups.

Looking a Lyngsat, Sathint and other websites, they show the TPs and channels of all the satellites in the "C" band first and "K/u" band next in that order.

As explained above, satellites are being replaced by other renamed satellites using the same spots in the sky and channels are being removed or replaced with others. That being said, my poor dinosaur receiver does not contains the most up to date channels names and new TPs designations numbers.

The DMX-741 to the rescure, I would like to use the DMX-741 exclusive to obtain the C and K/u satellites TPs and channels as the LNBF is ment to be use.

The question is, when scanning for satellite TPs, and channels, should the DMX-741 LNBF be able to scan for C and K/u channels intergrated, all at one time. Is this correct. If this is true, then there should be no need of having two satellite/LNBF combinations to accomplish getting both bands.

Is there a program that have and contain an up to date satellite and channels list for the here and now.

The DMX741, and any other Combo LNBF, is just 2 LNBs in 1 Feedhorn.
In a simple setup, you will still have to have 2 Sats defined in the Receiver - one for C and one for Ku, as the receiver does not know when to automatically switch to the different LNBs / L.O.s.

In regard to Lyngsat, that is a Free Website, run by volunteers on the other side of the planet - and rely on user input for info on this side of the planet.

Which receiver are you using?

741's are a C band LNBF, a Ku LNBF, and a switch, all in one "Package". The C/Ku band switch is diseqc in the "741U" model, as the Ku is universal, and uses 22khz for 9750/10600 L.O.
The standard "741" uses 22khz ON to select Ku band(standard 10750 L.O.). In both models, the C band L.O. is 5150.
Receiver needs to be programmed accordingly.
I could be wrong, but I think the, soon to be available, MicroHD may have the capability of doing what you're eluding to, scanning C and Ku on a single programmed location. Check in http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...w-geosatpro-microhd-receiver-coming-soon.html, think it was about a week or two ago this was talked about.
Is there a program that have and contain an up to date satellite and channels list for the here and now
None are up to the minute updated. Monthly, maybe. My own notes are only updated when I see BIG discrepancies (missing channels, new channels found on a scan, etc) so even this is out of date just about daily.

Lak7,
I am using and switching between a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and a Viewsat Ultra, both which are limited in operation.

Fat Air,
I guess that I overstated about the satellite channel list wanting to be that up to date.

I have read all of the posting for the microHD thread, and I believe that somewhere it mentions something about the capability of doing that??.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)