Clark Howard fires DishNetwork.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unfortunately this happens if a customer has 5 or 6 receivers and not all of them are hooked up to a phone line. As an agent I see this pretty often. Dish also get suspicious if you order a lot of sports PPVs (such as NBA League Pass, ESPN Gameplan and others). The accounts that most likely to be audited by the equipment verification teams are from people that order a lot of Cricket PPVs. Dish does this because they suspect the customer of having 1 or more receiver in a business location. The reason they do this is because they charge more for a business account then a residential type of account.

Just got a letter from DISH saying that to protect my HD reception they need to replace the converter box on the non-HD set and reorient one of the dishes at no charge. Calling them, they said the HD/DVR box was current and to make the switches they wanted an two-year commitment. A call to another rep said that they want to switch me (here in Florida) from the "Western arc" to the "Eastern arc" satellite). Coincidentally, my commitment to DISH expires next month. What gives...are they trying to snooker me? I'm inclined to do nothing and see what gives. Any insight or opinions?

I don't think anyone has a problem with the audit itself. I think the problem is the manner in which they are performed. I've never personally been audited (although I do have several receivers) but the stories on here tell a terrible story about them. They just need to make this a reasonable process and respect the customer.

We worked with Clark Howard years ago when he did a promo at a local Lowes near Orlando. He's got money and he's also very frugal. I love this guy for many reasons but one is because he's tight with his money. So am I. He was late to the Lowes event because he refused to pay the tolls from the Airport to take the Beeline . Dish really messed up here not knowing who he was and what kind of damage he would cause them . Here is Clark giving away the prize from years ago from our Archives. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-qxoQolEA]YouTube - WDBO Clark Howard gives away $10,000[/ame]

Note to Dish:If you would like to make your company more profitable please stop harassing your paying customers !

Dish really messed up here not knowing who he was and what kind of damage he would cause them .
The audits have no way of knowing "who he was".

It would also be unfair of them to say "Oh he is Clark Howard, so we better not audit him."

The only way they possibly do this is for the audit team to only use criteria like "5 receivers" or "service address is a business address", otherwise they would be guilty of favoritism.

Well no doubt Audit department and E itself isnt thrilled they called him.

too bad it wasnt Rush Limbaugh:) Larger audience and big mouth:)

The audits have no way of knowing "who he was".

It would also be unfair of them to say "Oh he is Clark Howard, so we better not audit him."

The only way they possibly do this is for the audit team to only use criteria like "5 receivers" or "service address is a business address", otherwise they would be guilty of favoritism.
True but I bet you things might change now that Clark Howard talked about it. They need to change the way they handle this kind of thing.

Things will change if E sees a big churn this quarter:) With the discounts ending over the receiver fees, losing yet another phone partner, all ofg these issues are going to come home to roost:)

WHOEVER changed the direction of the company better start looking for a new job. That beancounter suit wouldnt last long:)

I don't think anyone has a problem with the audit itself. I think the problem is the manner in which they are performed. I've never personally been audited (although I do have several receivers) but the stories on here tell a terrible story about them. They just need to make this a reasonable process and respect the customer.

wrong!! the audit Nazis need to go away! the whole idea behind the existance of the audit team presupposes the guilt of the person.

E is charging so much for extra receiver fees they could probably still make money from stackers since supposedly the suppliers dont get any extra receiver fees, so all extra receiver fees go directly to dish... profit$$$

17 bucks each for 5 extra receivers may well exceed the costs of most of their packages

I can tell you for sure that if Dish Network wants to explain the audit to Clark on the air he will put them on the air. He's very fair. Stay tuned

1st it is only for DVR DUOs that the fee is $17. And while that is more than we were paying, it isn't as much as it appears on the surface. They changed form DVR fee per unit + equipment fee to DVR fee per account + equipment fee. They did increase the overall cost though.

I'm not thrilled that they did that, but Dish has always been a bit more expensive in equipment/dvr fees over Direct.

In your shoes I might have made a change also, but I wouldn't be here complaining about it every day.

Shill company

Just got a letter from DISH saying that to protect my HD reception they need to replace the converter box on the non-HD set and reorient one of the dishes at no charge. Calling them, they said the HD/DVR box was current and to make the switches they wanted an two-year commitment. A call to another rep said that they want to switch me (here in Florida) from the "Western arc" to the "Eastern arc" satellite). Coincidentally, my commitment to DISH expires next month. What gives...are they trying to snooker me? I'm inclined to do nothing and see what gives. Any insight or opinions?

They don't require a 2 yr commitment to do the repoint. It sounds like you got a call from a company that is saying something like that. Then what happens is they show up and put in D* and then you have a 2 yr. commitment. It's a form of bate & switch.

dead horse

E is charging so much for extra receiver fees they could probably still make money from stackers since supposedly the suppliers dont get any extra receiver fees, so all extra receiver fees go directly to dish... profit$$$

17 bucks each for 5 extra receivers may well exceed the costs of most of their packages

Boy you sure like hanging here & beating on a dead horse. SNOOOOOORE.

In your shoes I might have made a change also, but I wouldn't be here complaining about it every day.
He has nothing better to do. :cool:

I don't have a problem with the audits, I have a problem with the way they are done.

Me I would fail because I am now on cell phone only and two of the rooms where the receivers are have ZERO reception on my iPhone.

I do have all my receiver plugged into my broadband connection (and two of them are using DISHcomm to see the line... I go in from time to time to reset the connect there as sometimes DISHcomm loses the connection.)

What I would do if I were DISH is schedule people to go and visit customers for a hardware audit. If they did it correctly they could say we want to come by and check out your equipment and make sure everythings working ok, as well as give your system a tune up (if needed). I would welcome this type of audit.

It would make they seem a lot more friendlier then this "you have only 15 seconds to move from room to room, you are not allowed to talk to anyone in the house while we are doing this and you can not put the phone down..."

15 seconds? Hell in my 16 year olds room I would be lucky if I could find the remote in 15 minutes. :D

ha ha

He has nothing better to do. :cool:

I don't have a problem with the audits, I have a problem with the way they are done.

Me I would fail because I am now on cell phone only and two of the rooms where the receivers are have ZERO reception on my iPhone.

I do have all my receiver plugged into my broadband connection (and two of them are using DISHcomm to see the line... I go in from time to time to reset the connect there as sometimes DISHcomm loses the connection.)

What I would do if I were DISH is schedule people to go and visit customers for a hardware audit. If they did it correctly they could say we want to come by and check out your equipment and make sure everythings working ok, as well as give your system a tune up (if needed). I would welcome this type of audit.

It would make they seem a lot more friendlier then this "you have only 15 seconds to move from room to room, you are not allowed to talk to anyone in the house while we are doing this and you can not put the phone down..."

15 seconds? Hell in my 16 year olds room I would be lucky if I could find the remote in 15 minutes. :D

U so funny; the line about the 16 yr old.