Clarkark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I was sittin around programming the current satellites into my Uniden UST 4900 when I realized the damn thing had Clarkark. That is apparently the feature that scans all sats in the arc and puts them into the database of the 4900. This is so you don't have to program every single satellite. (THIS IS NOT A BLINDSCAN)

Has anyone tried this in the past? Is it reliable. I'm not hooked up yet but wondering for the future.

sat scan

I have had a couple of boxes that had something similar to that, I forget which ones other than these Gen Instruments receivers I have right now. Mostly, they just have preprogrammed existing sat positions (at the time they were made, that is) , you manually program one or two sats and it supposedly knows the rest of the positions. I never bothered with it much since most of the time all the names had changed , new sats were added, etc. I just went thru re-naming all the ones that needed name-changes, let the rec 'autopeak' the positions as I did the name change. Think I had a Toshiba that did that too a while ago. Pretty neat to watch the thing sit there and move the dish back and forth, then move the skew around on its own, looking for the strongest signal lol.
Far as accurate=not that well in my experience. These GI receivers, 650, 550 also have a 'recalibrate' function where you can resynch the
motor positions. If one sat is off by a count of say, 10, you can manually relocate the dish, store the info, Or if you change motors, and have positions already set, supposedly you can find one sat manually, store its position and the rec should know where the rest are automatically. Never had much luck getting that to work. Prob because I didn't set the east/west limits first.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Changing Pole Diameter - 3.5" OD to 3.0" - How to?

Rebooting issue solved