Class Action Lawsuit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

i.e. g.w.bush being elected not once but twice

Unless you ARE on active duty and are being deployed this approach has moral and ethical questions. Our flags in Iowa are at half staff again today for another soldier killed in Iraq. If you aren't taking the same risk as that man, claiming you are just to get of a few months' contract is pretty low.

AMEN !!!! Claiming that you are on the same page as our service men and women when you're not even in the same forrest is just BS !!!!!
Bite the F'in bullet and pay your agreed upon fee's.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

i.e. g.w.bush being elected not once but twice

:haha Now thats funny and hits it right on the head.

Stupid = thinking that a different politician is going to do something different than another politician.

+:up:up

Also = posters not having enough self control to keep their political views out of a satellite forum.

To the Newbies: Political views/opinions from either side are not welcome outside The PIT, nothing will kill or hijack a thread faster, let's please show respect for all Satellite Guys members and stick to discussion of Dish Network and satellite related issues.

NightRyder

Last edited:
dish is the same as direct, call em up and tell em you were just notified you are going to be deployed in active duty and will not be around for 12 months, they will put it on military vacation with a zero balance per month. Here is the kicker, while your on vacation, your contract continues to run. You get to the point were the contracts run out, you call em back, reactivate your service, call em back the next day and cancel.:D
Something as awful as that sounds like a South Park episode. There's plenty of precedent for that (Special Olympics, Tourettes, Psychics, etc.)

It is simple to avoid a long term commitment----- just own your own equipment like I do no commitment can cancel any time I want. Then just sell your equipment. If you bought it right you loose nothing. If you do not want to do that live with youre commitment snae goes with cellular. Own your own phone no long term commitment in most cases. Besides it is only TV not life changing stuff. Come on.

Using the military excuse is just lame... Having being shot at by plenty of terrorists and returning fire to them too, I would say unless your apart of the terrorist hunting club and have an official terrorist hunting permit you cant use this excuse. There is one prereq to be in this elusive terrorist hunting club and that is you have to be in some form of service to our nation, and you cant have the permit without being in the club

Now as far as stupid people in large numbers, If you would have read the facts you would have realized that Al Gore actually won the election as he had more popular votes than bush. The only reason why bush got into office was because Al gore conceded the election to bush, which was the biggest bone headed move he ever made. But anyhow, we need to get this back on topic. :) I don't think there are grounds for a lawsuit. Dish has done everything to protect them selfs from a lawsuit. If you don't like it you can pay up and move on like everyone else does.

Whats going on around here lately? Between this forum and the pub, people dont seem to understand what the Pit is for. Some people come here, and TV in general, as an escape, not to be bombarded with political stupidity. Some of the mods seem to be getting involved too. They should really know better.

Whats going on around here lately? Between this forum and the pub, people dont seem to understand what the Pit is for. Some people come here, and TV in general, as an escape, not to be bombarded with political stupidity. Some of the mods seem to be getting involved too. They should really know better.

It's the silly season, same thing happened 4 years ago, that's why several months ago I proposed a zero tolerance policy for political comment/opinion outside The PIT. For whatever reason some people can't resist injecting their political views/opinions in non-political forums. Unfortunately the closer we get to November the worse it's going to get. :no

NightRyder

Well I will vote for Charlie as VP and MR Murdoach as Pres. End of comment.

I know of a straving attorney he will take the case for a fee(not free)

Whats going on around here lately? Between this forum and the pub, people dont seem to understand what the Pit is for...

That argument could be used for some mods as well as far as what the pit is for, but that discussion is for a different time.
But as far as this thread is concerned, it has got to be one of the most idiotic threads started and left open in quite a while here. Amazing! :rolleyes:

Unless you ARE on active duty and are being deployed this approach has moral and ethical questions. Our flags in Iowa are at half staff again today for another soldier killed in Iraq. If you aren't taking the same risk as that man, claiming you are just to get of a few months' contract is pretty low.

How much more immoral or unethical then everyone "moving" to get different HD channels?? :rolleyes:

How much more immoral or unethical then everyone "moving" to get different HD channels?? :rolleyes:

"everyone" is a pretty big group that, in this case, does not include me. I'm waiting for Des Moines HD locals and likely will be for some time (OTA helps for most of them).

"Moving" isn't being paid for by someone else's blood.

I agree. Right is right and wrong is wrong (yeah, I'm mostly a black & white kind of guy), but some things are way more wrong than others. Trading on the sacrifice of those who serve is despicable.

It's the silly season, same thing happened 4 years ago, that's why several months ago I proposed a zero tolerance policy for political comment/opinion outside The PIT.

This also happens in pretty much any forum when there is a large influx of new participants (how much as SatelliteGuys grown in the past year?). To some extent it is the price of success. :)

A zero tolerance policy seems a bit harsh, a "friendly reminder" from one of the mods for the first offense would be appropriate, but repeat offenders should not be tolerated. This should not be limited to political discussion, though - it should be for any inappropriate posting of political, religeous, hate, etc. nature.

Maybe it's time to close this thread?

Folks this is not the pit. Please knock off the Political Discussion. ;)

The most political comments in the thread were made by someone (not you) with "Proud Staff Member" next to their name.

The only way that political discussion outside of the Pit is stopped, is by deleting the political references when they start.

But since they are not being removed, I will give evidence that "stupid = politician".

When an independent organization counted the votes in Florida in 2000 by the method proposed by Gore's team, Bush won. When they then counted the votes by the method proposed by Bush's team, Gore won.

:D

The only way that political discussion outside of the Pit is stopped, is by deleting the political references when they start.

That's exactly what I meant by zero tolerance. Unless the political references are removed they just act as a magnet generating more and more off topic posts.

I agree the the previous poster - It's time to close this thread.

NightRyder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts