Classes of Signals Impacted by Loss of 119 License

ThomasRz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Rather than chasing individual threads, here is a summary of the signals/stations lost as a result of the injunction.

17 USC 119(a)(1)..............Superstations
17 USC 119(a)(2)..............Network Stations ("DNS")
17 USC 119(a)(2)(C)(i)......WMUR
17 USC 119(a)(2)(C)(ii)......certain Vermont areas
17 USC 119(a)(2)(C)(iii).....certain Oregon areas
17 USC 119(a)(2)(C)(iv).....Jackson, MS stations to border counties
17 USC 119(a)(3)(A)..........FCC Significantly Viewed

Note that WMUR was being provided as a result of a special provision (not as a "significantly viewed" station). This is important because any new legislation does not address the four special cases (17 USC 119(a)(2)(C)) won't help those subscribers.

Superstations arent part of the injunction...I still have mine :)
including WPIX twice (once with my locals pack and one for the SS package. I live in an area where WB/CW is cable only so they gave me WPIX in the loclas)

Superstations arent part of the injunction...I still have mine :)
including WPIX twice (once with my locals pack and one for the SS package. I live in an area where WB/CW is cable only so they gave me WPIX in the loclas)

See response in other thread.

See response in other thread.

Which one? There are many threads about DNS and NPS and what not.

I know for a fact that the Supers are not affected by the injunction. I lost DNS but the supers are still there and Charlie has said they are not going anywhere.

Got it thanks Iceberg.

After reading thomas' post about the super in that thread I am glad they were not part of what we lost.

Note that WMUR was being provided as a result of a special provision (not as a "significantly viewed" station). This is important because any new legislation does not address the four special cases (17 USC 119(a)(2)(C)) won't help those subscribers.

WMUR reported that U.S. Senator's Sununu and Gregg are working on getting WMUR back on Dish for viewers in the 'North Country'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts