Classic Arts @ 97W Analog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
I have it in both locations with sound. I think I read somewhere that they were planning a move to 97w after a dual-illumination period.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Isn't that interesting - I wrote to Classic Arts a few years ago asking if they might consider a move to a more centrally located bird but they said no. This will make it much easier for me to maintain a fix on that channel, keeping a big dish focused on birds at the extremes of the arc seems to be a lot more difficult than up in the middle. With strong westerly winds here, setting the big dish edge on rather than full face will be more manageable. I'm gonna swing that dish today!

CAS

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the audio seems to be very weak on this channel? I generally have to turn the volume up all the way on the digital channel. The audio on the analog is weak too, but someone in another forum suggested that it might be because they switched audio freqs. I haven't checked that out yet. But the digital seems really low volume, or at least it did the last time I tuned it in a week or two ago.

Sure is nice to have this channel on a sat that I don't have to cut trees down to see though.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2010
US
Since its taking several post here is the complete info

Galaxy 19 @ 97.0 West
C-Band
TP 6
3820 Horizontal Analog
NTSC

Can't comment since I only handle the Ku side

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2010
US
My Friend
Ok
Never saw anywhere it was C-band. I was looking for the channel in my 97w but in ku and didnt see it anywhere. Sorry, i was trying to help, I guess other were in a very similar position. ;)

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
cant lock it on the 6 footer...bummer

The digital signal quality is only about 60% on my Diamond and 10 foot Unimesh, but it locks fine, and the picture is great.

Granted, that dish needs to be tuned up a little. It got knocked loose a few months ago, and I just moved it back to it's mark, but it definitely needs some fine tuning again, but I still think the signal is still a little weak.

My oldest daughter is thrilled. :D

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I had to have the Gbox move a few degrees past what I have as 97W. Everything else comes in but Classic. I bump it east a little and its there. It might take some experimenting to get it locked in......Blind

photoman76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2005
The Classic Arts Showcase analog and DVB signals on Galaxy 12 are gone now. Transponder 5 is currently empty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts