Clearing and Resetting a DirecTV TiVo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DataSatPlus

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
Coppell, TX
Hey all. I am having an issue with my personal Hughes DirecTV TiVo unit.
It is an HDVR2 and is only 1 year old. Just recently while watching live TV or even recorded programs, it locks or hangs at certain intervals like about 1 min apart. It had gotten so bad that I could not even use the remote to manage it and have to unplug power and reset. I would have to do this for every show or about every 1/2 hour.
I did trouble shoot and found that after I restart after unplugging it, then let it finished booting up then remove the dish connection that I would be able to watch recorded shows with no problems. After a few shows, I would connect the dish back up again and after 10 min or so, it would act up again and start locking up and sputtering. This seems to me it is a problem with the memory buffer on the tuners because it does it on both tuners 1 and 2.

Well, the next thing I have tried is going into the menu and doing a system Reset & Delete Everything to see if that would fix the problem. It says "Clearing and deleting everything. This will take an hour.." that was two days ago. I have restarted once since then and it still hangs at that prompt for hours.

Any ideas??? Cheers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)