Clearwire - Works Well for Me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Remilk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
I live in an area where DSL and FIOS are not, nor is there any plan to make, available for high-speed access. I have DishNetwork for TV and Comcast rates are very high high for only internet service.

I installed (plugged in) Clearwire, aimed the antenna, and voila, I had great service. I have had it for nearly 2 months and find it very fast and dependable.

It is great receiving updates to Microsoft products in minutes as oposed to the 4-8 hours I suffered through with dial-up.

At this time, I am pleaed with Clearwire service.

Bob

long range wireless internet. I have a friend in seattle that has it, and he seems to like it

they are mostly on the west coast, and texas. A few other places around the country, but not very wide coverage yet.

Don't they run on licensed frequencies? I hear that they have the customers hook it up themselves within their house to get service.

i dont know about what frequencies they use, but yeah... the modem just gets plugged in somewhere in the house. Doesnt have to be aimed any specific way, or aimed at a tower, or whatever.
My friend also sells the service up there, and it is all self install, he just ships them the modem, they plug it in, hook up the computer, and it works.

Oh ok so it's a WISP.

That's what I use here too. But it's not through clearwire.

I get 4mbs up and about 700kbs down. All for $30 a month.

How is your speed?

Opps, I mis-typed above....

227239728.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)