Clemens heartbroken...hand me a tissue

Who is the "Clemens" you speak of?

As to the closing, its a "final" celebration honoring every type of event held at both of the first two Yankee Stadiums.

It was home to the NFL Giants from 56-73, was the center of boxing in the 1930s and 40 with most heavyweight championships being held there, was the home of the soccer Cosmos for one year, and hosted quite a bit of black college football from the 1940s through the 1980s.

:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river

:dev

I don't know what the yankees are thinking with the great white steroid ape on the field at 1st base aka Giambi. Yet they will not honor Clemens?

I don't know what the yankees are thinking with the great white steroid ape on the field at 1st base aka Giambi. Yet they will not honor Clemens?

Big difference Mr. Contrarion. Clemens vehemently denies taking Roids. Giambi admitted his mistake and owned up to it, accepted responsibility and any repercussions.

I remember when Clemens complained to the Boston press that the fans didn't appreciate how hard the players had it. He said sometimes they had to carry their own luggage from the luggage area to the cab at the airports, and that since the Red Sox didn't have any phones in the locker room (pre-cellphone days) they had to step outside of it to make calls.

I agree with that. Torre is expected to be there for the closing (didn't they already close the joint?????) on Nov. 9th.

The final sporting event held at Yankee Stadium will be a New York Rangers game, I don't know against who or the date. It was decided that since Yankee Stadium hosted more events than baseball it would be fitting to close her out with something different.

You know, I usually have a dislike for any player that dons a Red Socks uniform, but when they leave to go to other teams I don't have a problem with them. As for Clemens, I have had no use for him since day one. Every time I seen him in the pinstripes I thought I was gonna puke. Good riddence!!!!! :wave

Last edited:
So does he go into the Hall as a Red Sox or a Yankee ?
I thinkhe played in both cities equally amount of time.

Jimbo

It's actually not even close. Here's the breakdown of Clemens career:

Boston- 13 years
New York- 6 years
Houston- 3 years
Toronto- 2 years

Last edited:
Not a mention of Casey Strengel? How many rings did he get them? 13-14?

Casey won the penant in 1949, 50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 56, 57, 58 and 60, winning the Series in 1949, 50, 51, 52, 53 (only team in history to win 5 in a row), 56 and 58.

10 Penants and 7 World Series, not bad for a "clown.":) :up

The Indians (54) and White Sox (59) were the only other teams that won a penant during the 50s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)