CLEVELAND/BUFFALO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffkuhn1@gmail.com

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Ohio
I'm moving to Cleveland, but would like to get DTV with Buffalo locals. I have the ability to install the system myself and perform some of the other tricks needed.

Does anyone know if the beam that sends down Buffalo's locals will be receiveable, by me, in Cleveland?

Can't seem to find anything definite.

Thanks all.

Kuhnster

Buffalo HD locals are on satellite 103, transponder 21 (as of 2/1/09).

If you setup a slimline dish, or have someone nearby with one, check that transponder and you'll have a good idea if you can "move" and get signal from the spotbeam.

You'll want to have 60+ for a solid signal.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

Buffalo HD locals are on satellite 103, transponder 21 (as of 2/1/09).

If you setup a slimline dish, or have someone nearby with one, check that transponder and you'll have a good idea if you can "move" and get signal from the spotbeam.

You'll want to have 60+ for a solid signal.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

OK if anyone reading this has DTV in the Western Suburbs of Cleveland, please tell me what your signal strength is on Sat 103, TP 21.

Thank you!

I think you mean Eastern Suburbs of Cleveland.
And I read "5" here in Solon Ohio. That is south east of Cleveland.

Damn. I'm moving to North Ridgeville, OH, which is a Western Suburb of Cleveland. It'll probably be worse further away from Buffalo.

Thanks for the bad news.....

Anyone else?

I'm moving to Cleveland, but would like to get DTV with Buffalo locals. I have the ability to install the system myself and perform some of the other tricks needed.

Does anyone know if the beam that sends down Buffalo's locals will be receiveable, by me, in Cleveland?

Can't seem to find anything definite.

Thanks all.

Kuhnster

Unless I am missing something, why don't you just move to Cleveland and see if you get the Buffalo locals before contacting Directv.

Set up your dish yourself.

If you can't receive them, then throw in the towel and call Directv for Cleveland locals.

Unless I am missing something, why don't you just move to Cleveland and see if you get the Buffalo locals before contacting Directv.

If you can't receive them, then throw in the towel and call Directv for Cleveland locals.

Good thought. I'll have them install the dish, then use up the rest of my package for the NHL season, and if I can get Buffalo locals according to the transponders, I'll cancel my service, then have my wife get a new package.

Thanks!

Dammit! I get zero on Sat 103 TP 21. I guess I still have to pay the man to watch the games I want. Damn the man!

sabres = 0 cups....now thats deflation.

And I am suppose to believe you ever been to a hockey game? After all there are thousands of Dallas Fans in Jersey.

BTW that was No Goal, his feet where in the crease, and Hull even admitted it when he worked for NBC. That's no excuse though, they should have won that game anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts