Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I am currently watching the Cleveland Indians and ChiSox on STO (Sports Time Ohio) the Indians own network, up till now STO was not available on DirecTV...
I understand that they currently have a MLB E.I. Freebe going.

When did DirecTV and STO come to an agreement ?
IF they had not come to terms on a contract, it Could not be shown currently...

Just curouis,as it may help with my design to get the E.I. package if they have indeed agreed to broadcast the Indians as well as the Tigers.

Jimbo

It never was toldor put out. I live Columbus, Oh and last year we were told DirecTV would not supple Tribe games nor the ch. But, I got them the whole year. Now if you look on STO's site my zip code is not list by STO that I should get the channel, but when I e-mailed both STO & D* both stated that I do get the channel. SO, go figure!

It never was toldor put out. I live Columbus, Oh and last year we were told D* would not supple Tribe games nor the ch. But, I got them the whole year. Now if you look on STO's site my zip code is not list by STO that I should get the channel, but when I e-mailed both STO & DirecTV both stated that I do get the channel. SO, go figure!

Check them again today, from what I just heard, many of the RSN's have dropped the baseball as of today, unless you are specifically in that city, surrounding areas appear to be out of luck.
I heard that the Tigers are no longer on ther MLB EI and / the sports pack ...
several other teams were mentioned too, St. Louis being one of them, don't remember the others, I think Pittsburgh was mentioned too.

Jimbo

I thought STO was on Directv?

It was the other day , I watched part of the Indians game, but yesterday when I went to check it out, they were showing something else, the banner said STO and the Indians were playingat the time, but it was not on the STO channel I was watching

Jimbo

It was the other day , I watched part of the Indians game, but yesterday when I went to check it out, they were showing something else, the banner said STO and the Indians were playingat the time, but it was not on the STO channel I was watching

Jimbo

The home opener they have been trying to play in Cleveland was on WKYC 3. That is why STO was not airing a game.

The home opener they have been trying to play in Cleveland was on WKYC 3. That is why STO was not airing a game.

Well that makes sense, so is STO on DirecTV this year ?

The Tigers for years have always played a lot of games on network and split with FSN Detroit (I guess I should restate that, they use to do this) .
It's pretty bad when the home opener cannot be on network TV anymore.

Also the fact that the radio contract is for a station thats signal is so weak that you struggle to hear them 50 miles away .... that happened several years back.
I use to be able to hear them on the 70,000 watt blowtorch WJR great every day for miles and miles, even when I was in Columbus I could usuially count on being able to pull them in... Unfortunatly the days of getting the product to the customer have gone away and it willnever be the same again.:(

Jimbo

the problem is the indians home opener hasn't been played yet because of get this Blizzard conditions in cleveland the past three days. So once again Tomorrow or today they will try for the 4th time to play their home opener and for a third time to play a double header with Seattle. Hopefully this time they will get the game in But forecast is for More snow and I am told the field looks like they have been playing football instead of baseball on it.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/ne...t_id=1886220&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle

Well Indians fans looks like the series with the Angels is moving to Milwaukee. If they show those games on tv that will be a sight to see. Kind of ironic since some of the games in the movie "Major League" were taped in Milwaukee with Bob Uecker. Go tribe!!!

Well Indians fans looks like the series with the Angels is moving to Milwaukee. If they show those games on tv that will be a sight to see. Kind of ironic since some of the games in the movie "Major League" were taped in Milwaukee with Bob Uecker. Go tribe!!!

4 blocks from where I'm sitting right now !

I'm hoping for free tickets !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)