Cleveland spotbeam coverage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CMB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I live in Erie, PA and wonder if the Cleveland spotbeams that offer Cleveland HD locals reaches Erie, PA? I am thinking of "moving" to get these channels. Any advice?

I looked on Mapquest. I would say 99% sure they would reach. Its only 100 miles and the normal Cleveland DMA probably defined 2/3 the way there. I get Boston 90 miles away and know folks that get it even further away.

FWIW - My parents lived in Erie. I "moved" them a couple of years ago so they could get the Cleveland SD local channels. No problems at all. The Cleveland DMA goes all the way east to the PA line. I'm not sure how that translates into the new HD Spotbeam from the 103, but the SD spotbeam from 101 worked just fine.

FWIW - My parents lived in Erie. I "moved" them a couple of years ago so they could get the Cleveland SD local channels. No problems at all. The Cleveland DMA goes all the way east to the PA line. I'm not sure how that translates into the new HD Spotbeam from the 103, but the SD spotbeam from 101 worked just fine.

The HD spotbeams are smaller than the SD ones, but 100 miles will probably be OK.

Thanks all for your replies. I will try the move later this summer. Thankss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)