cloo - SIGN OFF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Darn it, I actually watched a lot of stuff on it. (I must have been the only one!!)

Darn it, I actually watched a lot of stuff on it. (I must have been the only one!!)

Yeah, you must have been. There is no use for a bunch of repeats in SD in 2017. I am pretty sure that everything on cloo is available in HD on other channels.

Reactions: Jillian2
Everytime I landed on Cloo when channel surfing, they were either showing a Law & Order or a CSI and those shows can be found on a half a dozen other channels . There was a very weak attempt to air some original content, but that was years ago. Chiller, Esquire and Universal HD all also need to go. I know Esquire is going to be gone soon and Chiller is on the way out but Universal HD really needs go too. There's no use for it anymore.

Everytime I landed on Cloo when channel surfing, they were either showing a Law & Order or a CSI and those shows can be found on a half a dozen other channels . There was a very weak attempt to air some original content, but that was years ago. Chiller, Esquire and Universal HD all also need to go. I know Esquire is going to be gone soon and Chiller is on the way out but Universal HD really needs go too. There's no use for it anymore.
NBC Universal has a lot of overlap now. Bravo, Syfy, Esquire, all run just about the same stuff as USA. Sure 10 years ago Bravo and Sci Fi had original content but now it's all duplicates. I really think FXN's are really eating their lunch in terms of content.

The Market is correcting. We are seeing the death of third-tier general rerun channels, such as Esquire and Cloo. Some of this is that simply everybody who wants to watch the shows has taken the 10000 previous opertunites to see them before they fall down to these channels (and there is less and less "new" material coming down to these channels as the networks have less and less actual filmed shows every year), some of it is the "binge watching" of shows off the internet, and some of it are the .2 networks that ply the same tired rerun waters and are FREE.

The story here is that, not that long ago, channels did not just go away. The owners "repurposed" the slots for new ideas hopeing to find something that stuck (for example, Cloo can trace itself back to the Trio Channel, which started as a way to bring Canadian TV series to US audiences (and was pretty good, IMHO) and then a "pop-culture-TV" theme (which stank, IMHO), before becoming Sleuth than Cloo. Now they just shut em down.

In four or five years we will have 8 to 10 less "linear" channels as more of these general rerun efforts die out.

The Market is correcting. We are seeing the death of third-tier general rerun channels, such as Esquire and Cloo. Some of this is that simply everybody who wants to watch the shows has taken the 10000 previous opertunites to see them before they fall down to these channels (and there is less and less "new" material coming down to these channels as the networks have less and less actual filmed shows every year), some of it is the "binge watching" of shows off the internet, and some of it are the .2 networks that ply the same tired rerun waters and are FREE.

The story here is that, not that long ago, channels did not just go away. The owners "repurposed" the slots for new ideas hopeing to find something that stuck (for example, Cloo can trace itself back to the Trio Channel, which started as a way to bring Canadian TV series to US audiences (and was pretty good, IMHO) and then a "pop-culture-TV" theme (which stank, IMHO), before becoming Sleuth than Cloo. Now they just shut em down.

In four or five years we will have 8 to 10 less "linear" channels as more of these general rerun efforts die out.
But sports channels do not really work that way as they may have 2-4 main ESPN channels that are needed to show many live events at the same time but when not showing live stuff lot's of filler.

CSN Chicago plus is kind of a mixed overflow / filler and repeat channel. That went from part time to full time. (likely a better for fit for Comcast's non SDV cable system they still don't have plus 2 in HD)

I wonder since Cloo has signed off DTV gave us who subscribe to the XTra package ELRey as a replacement. I am talking about just the XTRa Package not the Choice XTRA Classic package.

What's wrong with Universal HD? They air a lot of the sports that used to be on USN but in HD!!

It shows almost zero original content. I'm sure whatever relatively little amount of stuff they show on there can be moved to another Comcast/NBC U owned channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.