Clueless at Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I emailed cs yesterday requesting they add WTIC's subchannel, 61-2, to the AM21 guide. It carries AntennaTv. This is their response:

"Thanks for writing. I see that you've been a valued customer with us for several years, and we truly appreciate your loyalty. I understand your concern about the local channels you're currently receiving. I appreciate being given the chance to respond to your concern and would be glad to provide you with the information that you need. DIRECTV assigns local channels by ZIP code based on Designated Market Area (DMA), which are determined by Nielsen Media Research. According to Nielsen,
your ZIP code, 06410 has been assigned to the Hartford-New Haven CT local channel market. Federal law requires us to use the established local market
boundaries and these cannot be changed by DIRECTV. At this time we do not offer WTIC in your area because it is not considered part of your local channels. If you need more information about how Designated Market Areas are determined
you can visit Nielsen Media Research at http://www.nielsenmedia.com/. Thanks again for writing. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

The problem with their response? WTIC is in my dma! Idiots. So I responded that WTIC is in my dma and would they please add 61-2 to the database. They answered in 18 minutes! That's the good news. The bad news is their response:

"I completely understand your inquiry in getting local WTIC 61-2. For reference, now that all stations have transitioned to digital broadcasts the digital sub-channels may be in new locations. By following the steps below you can re-scan for the digital sub-channels:

- Press "MENU" button
- Select "Parental Fav's & Setup" and press "SELECT"
- Select "Sat. & Ant." Press "SELECT"
- Select "Antenna Setup" press "SELECT"
- Select "Scan for Channels" press "SELECT"
- Wait for scan to complete

Once the scan is complete the digital sub channels should appear in your on screen guide. You can periodically repeat these steps to check for new digital sub-channels.

I hope you find this information helpful and thank you again for writing."

How could they not know that the AM21, and all of their boxes except the H20 do not scan for ota channels? I can't wait to get their next answer, it should be entertaining!

Probably a computer generated letter based on certain key words in your original.

Yeah I dont know what the one bozo was typing it looks like it came from out howto guides just for a h20/hr20 box

Yeah writing tribune is the only way to get them to change.

Okay, I'll try Tribune, but they already have the channel in their database.

Well, I heard back from Directv. They are still clueless. Once again they told me how to scan with the AM21 tuner, which of course, you can't do. Amazing!

are you getting this from a script-reading CSR or email reply or are you getting this from actual engineering / techs?

I'm not sure. They are signed and appear to be hand written, but I'm not sure. Update: I just checked and I got another response where they actually appear to understand! Woo hoo! It says they will put in my request to have the subchannel added to the database. Time will tell I guess!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts