CM 1.2m dish specifications

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishpointer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Kansas
I just picked up a Channel Master 1.2m offset dish. The dish is missing the lnb support arms and lnb bracket. I can make these support arms out of conduit but I need exact measurements so I don't waste days trying to find the correct focal spot. If someone has this dish, can they please measure the 2 side arms and the bottom support arm so I can get this working? I plan on using this dish on my sg2100 motor for a mini c-band. I only paid $10 so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Here is a picture of the dish:

Thanks

Attachments

• type121 (Medium) (2).JPG
    type121 (Medium) (2).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 286
So out of all you testers, nobody has a Channel Master 120cm dish? I am getting desperate here and have searched google all night. Let me know.

Thanks

ask this in the FTA area. more of a chance someone with this dish will see it. the fta area is slow on the weekend, so don't sweat it. you should get an answer by monday afternoon.

I have this sheet but I need someone to measure their support arms. This sheel doesn't have these measurements.

I ended up ordering them from the NA distributor, Dow Electronics. I thought they would be expensive and was going to make them but they ended up being inexpensive at $14 for the whole set. That was cheaper and easier than me buying the conduit and making it myself. If you ever need parts for your Channel Master dish, I recommend you give these people a call.

PopcornNMore said:
I see you were at Astro Too. :) I picked up 5 of these dishes. I ordered feed support arms too for about $15.

Nope. I called around and an old sat installer had it. He has a few 33" dishes and a 5' solid pannel c-band dish with c-band lnb attached. It was his portable dish that he took to shows. I am tempted to get it because I really want the c-band feeds but this dish isn't motorized. What is Astro and what kind of a bargain did you get? Wow, 5 dishes. You must not be married lol.

How much was the dish??

I assume you ordered the dish from your distributor.
How much for the dish and shipping?
Are they allow you to come and pick up to save shipping?
How's the performance on the dish?

Thanks!!

Just to let you know that these channelmasters are far too heavy for a sg2100 motor. You'll cook the motor if you use it on these babies. I know, I was going to buy one on ebay for around 70$, and checked the specs.....way to heavy.

Astro Too is a discount electronic shop located in Melbourne Florida. They have TONS of dishes available for only $10 each. I will be using a homemade mount for less weight in order to use a SG2100 or STAB 120 H-H drive.

I think the STAB 120 H-H will move this dish. It has a maximum weight of 37 pounds, and I think the dish and LNB will be under that. At $10 a pop plus the $15 for the feedarms, $25 for one of these dishes is hard to pass up!!!

Tron searches his mind for excuses to go to Melbourne......... :D

Tron said:
I think the STAB 120 H-H will move this dish. It has a maximum weight of 37 pounds, and I think the dish and LNB will be under that. At $10 a pop plus the $15 for the feedarms, $25 for one of these dishes is hard to pass up!!!

I figured I couldn't go wrong getting it for $10. Getting the lnb arms for $15 made my day. I really wanted to get one a few months ago but the $100 price tag on top of the $150 for shipping really put that idea on the back burner. I know that I will need to get the STAB H-H 120 but that microbud thread is getting me excited. I will probably stick it on my sg2100 and park it at G10 until I can get the bigger motor.

How heavy is this dish? Fortec 120cm dish is about 37 pounds. And while SG2100 struggles just a little bit (but it is doable), HH120 handles it just fine.

The fortec 1.2 is made of the standard coated galvanized out there (18 or so gauge). The channelmaster is made of a resin (kind of plastic) and has reinforcement members formed on the back to maintain its shape. as a result its about 50+lbs. Can't remember where I found the weight specs of the dish, but nonetheless, I looked into it because I was looking at doing the same thing. I think even the manufacturer recommends a regular actuator for c band to move these.

This is simply not true. Without LNB (but with arms) the dish registers at about 14 kg, which is less than 31 lbs. Standard Az/El mout is about 5 kg (11 lbs) more, and there are custom solutions that could reduce the mount's weight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts