CMDY, CMT and now SPIKE in SD, but not HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dbrabb0519

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Everyday the past three days I have gotten a new SD channel added...I wish they were HD though. Anyone else have these channels on there TURBO-HD accounts. I have TURBO GOLD...:hungry::hungry::hungry:

This may be a silly question...but is E* able to monitor who is watching these SD channels in the different packages to maybe see what package to put the HD on?

I think its a sign that we will get the VIACOM HD in the Turbo HD packages and not get screwed like we did with FOX News and Business! I think Wednesday will be a good day for once.

I am also getting Comedy Central, CMT and Spike in SD with my TurboHD Bronze account.
According to the channel lineup card they sent out with the price increase notice........

_TurboHD Bronze includes only the HD channels in Classic Bronze 100 package, as indicated by HD_

I believe(hope) that since CMT, CMDY, MTV, NICK, SPIKE, and VH1 are part of the Classic Bronze 100 package that they will bepart of the TurboHD Bronze package once the HD is turned on.

Silver and Gold would also get those.

i have clasic gold 250 and have all 3 but not in HD. will i get them in HD? i had the top 250 and just paid the extra $10 for HD content.

I'm an HD Absolute customer. I'm not seeing Spike in SD. However, CMT and Comedy Central are showing up in SD. Those two channels weren't available previously.

I'm not sure how the difference with Spike can be explained. Spike isn't an upper tier channel; it's available in the basic Classic Bronze SD package.

Maybe Viacom has some extra terms for Comedy Central and CMT that require that require those two channels to be available to all Dish Network subscribers. Just a guess, based on those channels still relying a great deal on commercial advertising. Ratings drive ad rates. Certain Dish Network customers being locked out lowers those potential viewer numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)