CMT is in HD but

I don't understand that either. I have a few episodes of Crossroads from CMT on the DVR and noticed none of them are in 5.1 Dolby. So I scanned the guide and found those same episodes airing on Paladia. I DVR'd those and they were all in 5.1 Dolby.

I would also guess it is a CMT issue. FWIW while it makes sense to offer Dolby sound on music focused networks, most of them do not. This is the same mess with Palladia which has been discussed many times on this forum.

Just wait for the next CMA or ACM awards, they are usually faithfully produced in 5.1 and aired as such as long as your local ABC/CBS stations don't mess it all up. :p

I would also guess it is a CMT issue. FWIW while it makes sense to offer Dolby sound on music focused networks, most of them do not. This is the same mess with Palladia which has been discussed many times on this forum.

Just wait for the next CMA or ACM awards, they are usually faithfully produced in 5.1 and aired as such as long as your local ABC/CBS stations don't mess it all up. :p

ABC has a proud history of messing up sound, as well.

CBS USUALLY does a good job. Fox definitely does the best job with sound (higher bitrates, too) of the broadcast networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)