CMT...taking "Turner Time" to a whole new level

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Now those of you to remember TBS's "Turner Time" (when they started the shows at :05 & :35 after the hour) CMT has taken it that to a whole new level

I guess CMT time is....well we dont have one. Lately they have been pushing shows out 40-50 minutes past what the guide and their own website shows and frankly it sucks trying to set up timers for shows. Now about the only show I like on CMT is the Dukes :) They're on at 6 & 7 CST....well this week they have started the 1st one between 6:35 and 6:50 depending on day...also they seem to keep pushing more commercials in there to make it go long. But somehow when they go to paid programming at 2AM its back to normal (they replay the dukes at 11PM & 12:30AM and by then they can be back to normal)

How the heck do they expect folks to watch shows on there when they cant start them at the right time. But then I guess MTV seems to do the same thing (random start times) so what else would I expect from a Viacom network?

Been seeing this too. Was at family's house over the weekend, they have Time Warner and I noticed it was the same there.

It's bad enough that CMT somehow thinks desperate housewives is "country music" related, but now I can't even record the few good shows they do have?

Anyone heard anything more about this, if it's here to stay or what?

If only GAC was in HD...

maybe they'll see the error of their ways and go back...or at least provide the info to D*, E*, cable etc so the guide is right

Disney seems to do this a lot, but the guide information seems to be fairly accurate. The DVR manages to catch the shows that start/stop at odd times.

It is done that way to keep you watching their channel and their advertisers. Lets face it someone watching the channel live does not want to switch channels and view a program that has already started on another channel.

I've noticed this on SPIKE, TV Land and Comedy Central as well. Luckily, my guide has the correct times for the shows.

all owned by Viacom just like MTV, MTV2, VH1 and CMT...all the others at least remotelly have the guide info close. CMT was just way out of whack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)