CNBC says E* to get MLB Extra Innings

Actually the 622 could do that.

The question is will MLB let dish receivers access the internet content. But thats another battle for another day. :)

The trick is to have the receivers have a browser built in that could enable the streaming content. I don't see the mlb.tv being able to disallow it if they make it available direct via their website....

The last time E* had a receiver with a browser built in, the Dishplayer, it was hampered by memory and storage issues that made such a use impossible (it was only good for text and pictures).

I think they have enough storage, processor capacity, and bandwidth (via a broadband connection) to make this feasible. If I were locked out of being able to watch my Mets and I were out or town, this would be a great way to solve the problem. Sitting at my computer desk is much less desirable solution, but it is my only option right now.....

UNLESS I spring for a media center PC and push it through a front projector like I plan on doing later this year.. Eventually, this is probably the most likely scenario.... I don't know how many others will go this route....

E* and others can buy into the EI package, and the cost to D will go down. But like others said, they only have until 3/31 to do the deal. MLB will not get $70 million a year from each company. I'd guess the $70 million would be spread over who all got it.
Unless I'm reading wrong, which ain't out of the realm of possibility!

Dish Network needs to match the offer as it will drive a stake in DirecTV's heart as they wont be picking up any subscribes from Dish because of EI. Then they over paid for something that wont be exclusive.

MLB has turned this against every one including DirecTV. I can only imagine if all three have it for the inflated price. MLB wins, DirecTV looses as it wont be gaining subscribers from Dish or Cable. Dish wins as it wont be loosing subscribers to DirecTV. . . .

Fans loose as we will have to pay more. Over all winner is MLB

Call in Monday and ask Charlie about this deal.Of course he will skirt the issue and say we are in negotiations on this and cannot comment on this at this time.

Call in Monday and ask Charlie about this deal.Of course he will skirt the issue and say we are in negotiations on this and cannot comment on this at this time.
Having seen all previous Charlie Chats, I find that very unlikely.
I'm sure Charlie will lead with the MLB issue.
Of course, it will be his spin on the issue - but he pays for the channel, so why not ?

Got a response to my ceo@echostar.com email today and got the standard email back and a phone number to call if I want to discuss it further with them.

Point is what is there to discuss? either Dish pays up or they start to loose customers. My biggest complaint is that they will wait till March 30 to say sorry we not carrying it.

Charlie better put a good spin on thhings on Monday Night or he might never get a chance to talk about NASCAR.

I guess the question is how many customers will Dish loose over this if they do not pony up 100 million per year?

Do the math, I think somewhere the average customer is said to be worth like $2500.

It comes out to roughly 40,000 subscribers!

As a dealer, I would probably guess that they don't even have 100,000 subscribers subscribing to this package, and even if they lost it im sure they might only loose 10% if that to Directv!

Like I have said before folks, to really get back at DirecTv all Charlie has to do is get the MLB package and then the Yes Network and Dish will have to hire extra installers for the east coast.

Got a response to my ceo@echostar.com email today and got the standard email back and a phone number to call if I want to discuss it further with them.

Point is what is there to discuss? either Dish pays up or they start to loose customers. My biggest complaint is that they will wait till March 30 to say sorry we not carrying it.

Charlie better put a good spin on thhings on Monday Night or he might never get a chance to talk about NASCAR.

I sent an e-mail, too, and also got a canned response. Hey, I think it is better to let them know how we feel about this package then just keeping quiet.

Hey, $100,000000. Charlie has 11,000,000 subs. Raise everybody's rate $1 per month and give MBL Extra Innings to every sub. That would really chap DirecTV. And Charlie makes a profit.

Hey, $100,000000. Charlie has 11,000,000 subs. Raise everybody's rate $1 per month and give MBL Extra Innings to every sub. That would really chap DirecTV. And Charlie makes a profit.

Yes and as I am not under a contract with Dish Network all I need to do is call up DirectTV and then run a 25 foot cable to my downstairs TV and wala I get the best of both worlds. Dish Network receiver downstairs and MLB EI from the upstairs DirecTV receiver and I can keep what I have now.

And as the evil empire is not raising the price for at least 2007 I wont loose more than $15 to get it from DirecTV.

Charlie should pay the fee and really ream it down DirecTV's throat or other wise next it will be the NBA or the NHL. . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)