CNET Report on HDMI Errors with the Toshiba HD-A1

Hoopnoop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
CNET has a new report claiming significant risks of HDMI errors with this unit. They claim that a lot of things can lead to the HDMI error including changing the tv input, powering on another electronic unit, changing inputs in your audio receiver, etc. Has anyone here experienced much in the way of HDMI errors with this unit? Does this concern seem to be accurate?

Hoopnoop said:
CNET has a new report claiming significant risks of HDMI errors with this unit. They claim that a lot of things can lead to the HDMI error including changing the tv input, powering on another electronic unit, changing inputs in your audio receiver, etc. Has anyone here experienced much in the way of HDMI errors with this unit? Does this concern seem to be accurate?
I only recieve when I change inputs (and I have a Toshiba DLP).

Hoopnoop said:

This review talks about HDMI errors too http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=66231

teamerickson said:
I only recieve when I change inputs (and I have a Toshiba DLP).

I also.

I don't know what the big deal is, it spells it out in the owners manual that if you switch inputs on a Receiver or a TV, it will lose the digital 'handshake', so don't put the movie on pause to check the score of whatever game is going on cable/Sat.

That is how I found out, but again, the player has worked great for me, I just want more movies that I want to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts