CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That site is clearly incorrect. I put in miamiherald.com, and it returned $507.66/day in revenue. I know for a fact that is off by at least an order of magnitude.

It also incorrectly identifies where the site is hosted.

So CNN.com makes more than $1million/month? Just makes the argument even stronger as to why they don't want to lose hits to it.

They need to put CNN back on, seems like breaking news everyday since it went dark. Canada shooting, Washington school shooting today. Kinda weird.

Last edited:
So CNN.com makes more than $1million/month? Just makes the argument even stronger as to why they don't want to lose hits to it.

I would guess, based on their pageviews, more like $5-10 million/month. They mostly have national advertising, which does not pay as well as local, but they also get a lot of eyeballs, so volume works in their favor when negotiating with big advertisers.

Fox News is an oxymoron.
I have a good friend who is very conservative. Some commented to him the Fox News must be one of his favorite news channels. He said No, it's not news it's opinion.

From many sources;
CNN.com daily revenue is about $34,000
FOXnews.com daily revenue is about $10,600

DISH has made a slight change - MSNBC is now in HD on channel 200, banner says Turner removed CNN (Not just important info) but the bottom banner does say it is a temporary replacement.

Reactions: TheKrell
While I like watching it on the TV I'll just read it on the internet or stream it in - if you know where to look you can find it.

Two more big news stories and no CNN on DISH.

I think Turner / Time Warner picked the wrong time to pull their channels from DISH.

Terrible time. There viewership has to look terrible right now. Even I have Fox News on right just so I can see some updates on what's going on.

I've been getting my breaking news & headliners here then following up on 1 of the news sites.

The only real "breaking news" that I have been concerned with lately is that officer Wilson's testimony as to what happened has been almost fully proven accurate, while the witness accounts against him have all fallen through. I care more about the ferguson situation than anything else. There's a shooting going on somewhere right now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts