CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i am checking out dish twitter page and it is everything bring back the turner channels back and also we are leaving dish network over what is going on.

i am checking out dish twitter page and it is everything bring back the turner channels back and also we are leaving dish network over what is going on.
And if you check out the turner pages everyone is saying stop charging so much for your programming.

For every dispute it is the same. :D

Reactions: jbrelish
I pay about $148 a month for Dish. I live in the country and we have very slow internet speeds out here so streaming is out. Satellite tv was the only option for years but now we have cable and in HD too but the programming is not nearly as good as Dish, nor is the picture. So, to prevent disruption in my viewing as much as possible from disputes like this or weather related or whatever, I subscribe to both Dish and Cable. Sure, my total bill is around $300 a month but at least I don't have to fool with all this BS. I'll simply turn to cable until Dish and Turner get their acts together. And if both Dish and Cable give me problems I have set up a 60' tower with deep fringe antenna, boosters and rotor to at least bring in "local" stations. I'm pretty well covered.

here are some comments on dish twitter page

We are working around the clock to reach an agreement and bring these channels back soon!
All providers face disputes so switching is not the answer. That only encourages channel owners to drive up costs for
scott you are right with everything going on between the two companies i think this will be settled soon.

I don't believe anyone who says they will switch over this. No one. Anyone who actually switches was going to anyway. I did believe some over the AMC loss.

Reactions: jbrelish
I wouldn't switch, I'd just give up. It isn't as if any other provider hasn't had these issues.
I wouldn't pay squat for CNN either, their ratings suck so no one must be watching it
The idea that we need to pay for CNN, MSNBC, or Fox News is absurd! Now, if they took the word "news" out of their names (well, I supposed MSNBC doesn't contain "news" in their name) and advertised themselves as entertainment channels, that'd be better.

Cartoon Network and TCM, however, are two rare channels that have actually kept to their original missions. A serious pain if they are missing! I've never complained to Dish about a channel dispute, but this may be a first. I understand this isn't their fault, but I am paying a good amount of money for two of these specific channels.

I don't believe anyone who says they will switch over this. No one. Anyone who actually switches was going to anyway. I did believe some over the AMC loss.
while true many people feel its a hassle calling in and cancelling/changing service providers so they just put it off, this gives them a reason to go ahead and do it.

The only channel I would care one tiny bit for is Cartoon Network but I can wait for it to come back on. I think news stations are worthless now that we have information instantly at our fingertips. There are already too many news stations all reporting the same news but with their own political spin on it and I HATE politics.

If anything, it gives all of us a little reason to contact Dish and ask for a discount in order to make up for the channels we're missing. Even $5 off a month for 3 months would be enough.

I know people who leave CNN running all day long. In particular I have two clients who show in their office lobbies. Believe it or not, people who are into cable news channels are very concerned with their channel of choice. Telling someone who watches Fox News everyday that it's gone now but you can watch CNN instead wouldn't fly. Similarly, telling someone who watches CNN every day to watch Fox News or MSNBC isn't going to fly either. I absolutely believe that some people would switch providers over this.

Reactions: JSheridan
I know people who leave CNN running all day long. In particular I have two clients who show in their office lobbies. Believe it or not, people who are into cable news channels are very concerned with their channel of choice. Telling someone who watches Fox News everyday that it's gone now but you can watch CNN instead wouldn't fly. Similarly, telling someone who watches CNN every day to watch Fox News or MSNBC isn't going to fly either. I absolutely believe that some people would switch providers over this.

I agree with you and these are the people that drive me crazy. To be that incredibly one sided when it comes to political matters bothers me.

Reactions: dare2be
Very surprised by this one. The only channel I watched a lot was TCM, and Boom sometimes for the classic toons. Could care less about the others. Hope this doesn't go on as long as the AMC dispute did.

I agree with you and these are the people that drive me crazy. To be that incredibly one sided when it comes to political matters bothers me.

Thats why the best thing to do is your own research and try to get an unbiased version which is hard to do. Too many people listen to a source because its what they want to hear and filtered to their liking.

Reactions: satgirl51
CNN and HLN have lost more than half of their viewers but they are still demanding fee increases! If they had any integrity they would cut their fees in half. I don't care about any of these channels, except for TCM.

I think the outage is much less important than the AMC situation and I predict it will last for 4 weeks.

Thats why the best thing to do is your own research and try to get an unbiased version which is hard to do. Too many people listen to a source because its what they want to hear and filtered to their liking.

I agree. The only time I watch the news channels is when something major is going on and even then I don't just stick with one channel. I will switch between them all to get some different points of view. I like to stay open and here more than one side of the story. It wish politics would work together but unfortunately it's their way or no way at all most times.

Reactions: Jim S.
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)