CNN and HLN gone/ Dish-Turner Dispute - Now Back 11/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Normally I would say go Dish, but its really getting old, all these disputes.Also in the end is there one shred of evidence that it saves us money? We get $5 to $ 15 increases per year, in some cases twice in one year.All the posturing from both sides Stinks. I'm sure we will see more channels removed before the end of the year, its the new normal.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

HLN should be dropped permanently since they haven't been a news channel in years. CNN occasionally has live news.
We'll never know if a pretty blonde white girl goes missing if we lose HLN!

CNN is pretty biased too. On the liberal side though. Did you see Candy Crowley in the 2012 2nd presidential debate? That's an example.
Mitt walked right into the bear trap. Stop blaming Crowley for that.
Ya most conservatives like Fox News for there spin on things, I have noticed that most liberals don't watch the news much, I used to think that was a bad thing.... Now days not sure... Since most news is crap...
The news isn't crap. The channels just don't do news anymore. It is virtually all commentary and faux debates. You can't even trust these outlets to call elections. In '12 they refused to call states like Michigan when the exit polling data clearly pointed to a certain victory for Obama. But if they called that "Battleground" state so quickly, people would have turned off the channel because the Presidential Election would have been over.

Yeah, Fox News is killing both CNN and MSNBC altogether in the ratings!! Heh heh!! Actually Fox News is not only the #1 news channel, but the #1 cable/satellite channel!!!
ESPN is the #1 cable/sat channel. If Fox News went off the air, most people wouldn't care. If ESPN went off the air, there would massive drops in sub numbers.

I don't understand why some think Fox's numbers being high means anything with regards to the veracity of what they talk about. It just means they cater very well to their demographic. CNN and MSNBC fail because that portion of the population doesn't like the same "news" treatment that Fox News offers their respective viewers.

Folks please remember the site rules about Politics. If you want to talk politics take it to the Pit forum. :)

You may like a channel or may not like a channel, but today those who like certain channels woke up today to find them gone from the DISH lineup, and thats what this thread is about. Its not about which news channel is more fair and balanced (and IMHO none of them are.)

I dont want to remove posts or close the thread so please keep the political views out of it, or take it to The Pit. :) Thanks for your understanding.

http://seekingalpha.com/news/204476...s-the-leverage-in-dispute-with-turner?uprof=9

Analysis: Dish Network has the leverage in dispute with Turner • 11:11 AM

Clark Schultz, SA News Editor
  • Investors seem far from panicked over Dish Networks (DISH +2.4%) pulling CNN and other Turner channels from its programming amid a distribution dispute.
  • What to watch: Media analysts see Dish with the leverage over Turner (NYSE:TWX) as its new online TV streaming service and other over-the-top developments show cracks in the bundled pay-TV model.The smart play by Dish was to keep sports-oriented TBS and TNT in play for Dish subscribers, they say.

This is exactly why I hate these news channels and politics. This thread has already turned into a "My news channel is better than your news channel." It's always a debate and one side is right and one side is wrong but no one will give in.

Without tru tv there is no impractical jokers, that is about the only thing we will miss. My son likes cartoon network, but he would get over it pretty quickly. I am guessing all will be resolved soon though.

I love when people complain about price increases and then get mad at Dish over standing their ground over carriage prices. Go figure...

The problem is that the TV providers are doing it both ways. They tell us they have to drop channels we watch to keep our costs down and then they raise the rates every single year. That's what frustrated me. I knew I was going to see a $5-$8 increase every year and I still had to make compromises in what I watch because of all these disputes. I could deal with a slightly higher bill if it meant we didn't see this kind of stuff. I suppose I could also deal with channel drops if it meant Dish was significantly cheaper than the other providers but in my experience cable, Dish, and Directv are all in the same ballpark.

This frustrated me enough that I decided to cancel Dish last winter. I also knew that it wouldn't be any better with Directv or cable so I didn't sign up with those services either. I decided that the $100+ I was paying per month wasn't worth the level of service I was receiving so I was done paying it. I'm going on almost a year of OTA and streaming only and can't say I miss cable/satellite TV at all.

Reactions: dare2be and reddice
This is exactly why I hate these news channels and politics. This thread has already turned into a "My news channel is better than your news channel." It's always a debate and one side is right and one side is wrong but no one will give in.

True, but for that matter, every time we have a thread about a channel or group of channels being removed, there will be as any posts as to whether said channel should even exist as there are about getting the channel or channels back or who is at fault for the removal. That happens whether is news/politics channels, sports channels, or just the run of the mill 24/7 reality show channels.

Actually, I don't think anyone here is defending CNN. Liberals certainly don't like it. It is a trash tabloid news channel who is aiming at the reality television viewer, not someone interested in news coverage.

My dad actually watches CNN and Headline news a lot. I think he just watches those because those were the two he's always watched. He's not real political guy but he just likes to keep up on what's going on in the world.

True, but for that matter, every time we have a thread about a channel or group of channels being removed, there will be as any posts as to whether said channel should even exist as there are about getting the channel or channels back or who is at fault for the removal. That happens whether is news/politics channels, sports channels, or just the run of the mill 24/7 reality show channels.

Good point. It's just the news channels always go political.

My dad actually watches CNN and Headline news a lot. I think he just watches those because those were the two he's always watched. He's not real political guy but he just likes to keep up on what's going on in the world.
Poor guy. I don't know how anyone could stand Nancy Grace.
She is reason enough to me for Dish to eject CNN and HLN from their satellite. Man, the time The Daily Show caught CNN trying to do a via Satellite interview between the two reporters at the same site just proved that CNN has to go. At least TWC has completely lost the mission and isn't making a laughing stock of weather coverage (I mean other than the Stormcon coverage).

Reactions: old corps
I think Charlie should tell Turner, that he's only going to give half of what he use to pay Take it or leave it".
CNN and HN are already dead. The only thing worth watching on CNN was the Simulcast at night.

Reactions: whitty
I wish people would stop on their facebook page I have been trying to get hold of someone I was messaging on the Dish team to get an appointment to get my upgrade for the Hopper w/sling and Super Joey. But its been 2 hours and I cant get anyone and I would say its because of all the complaints. Wish I could hop up and down and them see me hollering HEY I WANT TO SIGN NEW CONTRACT NOT COMPLAIN lol

Reactions: Yespage
Imho, all 3 major cable news services are inflammatory rather than informative, and do much more harm to us than good. I do watch TCM though.

I'm glad Dish is trying to hold down costs, but it's a fine line they're walking. At a certain point, there isn't enough quality programming to justify a traditional TV service at all.

Reactions: dare2be
Imho, all 3 major cable news services are inflammatory rather than informative, and do much more harm to us than good. I do watch TCM though.
And there is no substitute for TCM (FXM, seriously?!), except every few times a week on MGM where they show some good older films.

Reactions: JTBenson
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts