CNN/FN going dark (Sunshine RSN coming. Available to FL area only)

There's 8 HD Magic Basketball Games on Sunshine:

These will only be available in Central and North Florida

Jan Sat 8 vs New Jersey
Jan Tue 18 vs Detroit
Jan Fri 28 vs Washington
Feb Tue 1 vs Cleveland
Feb Thu 10 vs Atlanta
Feb Tue 15 vs LA Clippers
Mar Sun 13 vs New Jersey
Mar Wed 30 vs Toronto

The Channel itself will be all of Florida, but as said above Magic games are only available in Central and North Florida.

Heat Games (only in SD) are only available in South Florida.

Many times the games conflict times, so I assume there will be an alternate channel for the heat games.

Oh so you wont be able to carry those 8 HD games, that really stinks...

Fox Sports & Sunshine, nice! What is it about Florida that allows us to get all of our regional sports channels and no one else is? I wonder how many Voom execs have vacation homes down here. Hmmmmm ;)

yeah why does FL get the regional stuff? I have cox cable too and we get fox sports atlanta, fox sports pacific and fox sports east and I'm Las Vegas. so voom should make the regional channels for every voom sub

Why is VOOM only offering RSN's to the local coverage area. Both DirectTV and DishNetwork have an option that allows all customers to receive Every RSN. There are other shows besides Live Pro Sporting events that are of interest on those channels and voom is depriving 95% or more of its customer base of those shows.

The way DTV and Dish do it is if the channel is showing a Live sporting event then it is blacked out unless you live in the geaographical area of that RSN. But if the channel is showing other then the live pro sporting event (ie... Pre/post Pro game shows, college sports, fishing, golf, Sports talk shows) then they let the entire country see it. Even the Pro sports like hockey/baseball/basketball often will have after midnight repeats of the game and dish and DTV allow the entire country to see the replays of the live sporting event.

This should be the same model that VOOM follows. The reason for not showing the live games to the entire country is so they could benefit from some sort of sports package built around those games like NBA leauge pass ect....

Ya i dont understand it either. Wouldn't you think they would focus on networks that are more general like FOX Sports East and West? that covers both coasts. Why is florida so special? Los Angeles and New York should be the 2 largest markets in the country. This RSN business is starting to get really rediculous. I can't even watch laker homegames. I'm really starting to get sick of Vooms lagging on things. I've been patiently waiting, all I want is Fox Sports West and I will be happy.

DarrellP said:
Whoopee, another RSN that only 5 people can get.
And they are all in florida, along with the other regional channels, what about the rest of the usa voom?

BFG said:
Maybe the most voomers are in Florida?

I just added a new poll in the Yahoo Voom forum that asks where people live in the country. Check it out if you have access to the forum.

Sunshine Network

FoxSports owns the Sunshine Network and since Florida already has the FoxSports Florida and FoxSports Florida HD in the line-up, the Sunshine Network is a logical fit flor Florida subscribers. :yes

DarrellP said:
Whoopee, another RSN that only 5 people can get.

Hey Hey Well Count me as one of the 5! Go Regional Programming now if they could put the Fox sports Florida back on a full time Schedule! Go Marlins!

I hope the rest of you get the programming your want. BTW Florida is a big sports market for its size. 3 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams 2, 2 NHLs, and 2 NBA teams and lots of top College action as well, and who knows maybe Florida programming is cheaper than West coast programming.

Yup and after the NBA season we will have had a champion in each sports within the last 5 years.

Florida residents could see Sunshine by tommorow at Noon.

I wish we could get some sunshine up here in Connecticut, as it's COLD!

It was 40 degrees in West Palm Beach, now that's cold for us!