CNN HD Is here, Now LIVE!

I wonder if there will be anymore HD today. Is there any word if there will be or is this just a tease by charlie

cnn-hd

must weigh in on this one, i can't believe they would put a cfr controled so called news station in hd before sci-fi and usa. un believeable.

So, they added TBS-HD in October of 2007, now CNN-HD here in April 2008.

Only 6 more months till they add the next HD channel.

Just what we need. An HD channel that only caters to the taste of 50% of the forum. Simply put, 50% of america is Democrat, and 50% is republican. So if you're republican, this channel will be one you are more likely to have already removed from your favorites list anyway.

It's not 50-50 Republican-Democrat. There are a lot of independents I the country. I've never really bought that CNN is a Democratic channel. It's not as biased as Fox, but of course that doesn't mean the journalism is of a high caliber.

It's not 50-50 Republican-Democrat. There are a lot of independents I the country. I've never really bought that CNN is a Democratic channel. It's not as biased as Fox, but of course that doesn't mean the journalism is of a high caliber.

Its a good looking channel on D* too. Id say its worthy. But a little, well a lot, left wing. Actually I reffer to it as the Communist News Network, aka Bush is Satan and Cheney is Lucifer etc etc. Rarely do you see any reprentatives from the conservative side, usually just Mcafferty and Blitzer rallying the tar the republicans battlecry. I'm suprised Bill Maher doesnt have a slot. Fox makes a point to have both sides represented. Then of Course to round it out CNN has Lou Dobbs who hates everyone.

So what's actually in HD on this station? I heard all the studio shots were HD and remote shots SD. "CNN Newsroom" is SD right now even in the studio.

ETA: Should have done some research first, from wikipedia: Since not all CNN studios and news gathering cameras are HD-capable, only shows based out of CNN's New York City studios such as American Morning, Lou Dobbs Tonight, Anderson Cooper 360 and Your Money are in HD.

This in fact seems to support my theory. They are reluctant to add the most sought after HD channels because they will also have to add them in the HD-Only pack, which will cause a lot of people to downgrade from AT packs, and therefore lose profit.

So they will only add those that will agree to lower the fees they charge, for the purpose of the HD-Only pack of course, this way Charlie can afford to sell this HD-Only package.

My speculation is CNN struck a deal with Charlie to his liking first, so this one gets on first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts