CNN Mux on 87 West

God bless ABC for making their 10 fees available to the public via IP.

In addition to the news clips, most of the nice skyline cams, beach cams, etc that those feeds use can be found here: EarthCam - Webcam Network

Another great source is the CBS News app. Now they have local CBSN feeds for NY, LA, Minnesota, the Bay Area and other cities across the country. You can follow local newscasts, etc from all those locations as well as breaking news.

Nice. I don't supposed there is any site or twitter feed that tells you what to expect on which feed is there?

Those video links come from this website, which has a short description of what's playing on each channel. ABC News Live, ABC's 24/7 streaming channel, is also there.

Louis correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't ABC centrally bring all of their affiliate feeds in via IP now? I remember reading an article back many months ago that they had every affiliate hooked up via Fiber now so that YouTube TV and other streaming providers could get every ABC affiliate from one location as opposed to having to go to every station separately.
As of today 4-30-20 all stations receive main network via ESPN Bristol Conn. G16/C21. There is talk sometime next yr to eliminate hot standby from LA G3/C15. The plan is to change modulation scheme to DVB S2X 16APSK SYMBOL RATE around 34mbps. This would transmit around a 10 channel mux. My theory is eventually sat delivery would down the road to end and to use IP delivery. When who knows.
The 10 mux transponder would have link budget changed and also to re-map dolby "E" 5.1 TO AC-3 which would also give back some data to the mux and enable this new scheme. This could change with something different.

Regarding CNN on SES 2 does anyone know if their carrier is still low or did they go back to normal power.

Moved dish back yesterday one thing I noticed CNN C/N increased by 1DB. I now have 21.5 vice 20 S/N where as 2wks ago quality was around 84-85. It is now 89-90. LPB booming
@97-98. And now where MSC uplink 12135H which was impossible to lock now no problem steady lock 66-70 quality.

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)