CNX Duo Satellite radio.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobbyac

Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Hi everyone,

Can I get Satellite radio with my CNX Duo receiver? When I did a channel search for certain satellites I saw a list of radio stations while it was scanning but I can't seem to find them in the guide or know how to listen to them.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Can I get Satellite radio with my CNX Duo receiver? When I did a channel search for certain satellites I saw a list of radio stations while it was scanning but I can't seem to find them in the guide or know how to listen to them.

Thanks!

Absolutely not! There are NO Free To Air Free Satellite Radio Channels on Subscription satellites! (Is what I meant)

Absolutely YES on satellites in the clear!

Please read the all the moderator posts and rules for our site!

Satellite Guys FTA Discussion Forum most important rules:

RULE 1

RULE 2

Also your guide (EPG) will not work for FTA channels.

This forum is FTA only and channels in the clear!

Some radio (very little) are free though but my reply here was for the first part of the question. I got the impression that you were on a sub satellite.

Hi everyone,

Can I get Satellite radio with my CNX Duo receiver?

bobbyac, it what satllite are you trying to scan for radio?

Go to THE LIST to find all FTA radio channels that are in the clear.

If I misunderstood your question sorry bout that, I did think you were trying to listen to the channels on the DBS birds.

There are many FTA in the clear radio channels see THE LIST and just hit your remote TV/Radio button and it will switch back between the two. Subscription satellites will have from time to time one or two of their Satellite Radio channels available in the clear but as you very well most likely found out by now, there is not much on the DBS birds worth a blind FTA scan all the time. Just a few free channels that are mostly information and such!

Last edited:
Absolutely not! There are NO Free To Air Free Satellite Radio Channels!

:confused:

I think the OP means that he has scanned in radio channels but does not know how to access them.

If that is the case you need to switch from TV mode to RADIO mode, there should be a TV/RADIO button on your remote control.

That's what I'm thinking too. Hit the "TV/Radio" button on the remote and it should show up the radio list

Thanks guys! I didn't see the button at the bottom of the remote. I'm not finding the owner's manual too helpful for little things like this.

Although the EPG does not work on FTA there is a list of satellites and channels that I called the guide. I didn't know that it did not show TV and radio station at the same time. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)