Codes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

subwayco

Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Denver
Hello everyone,

I purchased a sharper image universal jumbo remote. I have been trying to get it to work with my Directv model D10 receiver. I have tried all of the 3 digit codes supplied by the sharper image instruction book but none of the codes seem to work. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to supply the code. I have treid searching for the code via google but no luck. I hope it's possible to get the correct 3 digit code. The codes for my TV and Stereo work just fine.

All the best!
Rob

Hello everyone,

I purchased a sharper image universal jumbo remote. I have been trying to get it to work with my Directv model D10 receiver. I have tried all of the 3 digit codes supplied by the sharper image instruction book but none of the codes seem to work. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to supply the code. I have treid searching for the code via google but no luck. I hope it's possible to get the correct 3 digit code. The codes for my TV and Stereo work just fine.

All the best!
Rob
Good luck,
D* does not release their codes normally.
Some of the better remotes, Harmony Universal ext. can "Learn" the codes from an existing remote ...

Wow

Thanks for your reply. This is the stuff of James Bond. It's bad enough I have a crappy box but now I can't get the crappy code? I've had directv forever so this is surprising.

Thanks,
Rob

Thanks for your reply. This is the stuff of James Bond. It's bad enough I have a crappy box but now I can't get the crappy code? I've had directv forever so this is surprising.

Thanks,
Rob
Isn't it about time to UPGRADE :)

Christmas will do that for you :)

Jimbo

subwayco,
Won't the D* remote control your TV ?
It should most likely run your stereo as well, thats what the secondary positions on the D* remote are for, it should handle at least 2 other items.

You have the White Remote for D* right ?

Jimbo

Jimbo the D10 came with the RC16 which is lacking a lot of codes. He probably needs to upgrade to the RC64 to get more codes.

Long time customer

Yeah, I can see the point about upgrading certainly but right now I'm stuck with the box I have. I'm probably getting too old but since I've been a loyal customer for over 10 or more years it would be nice if Directv upgraded me at no charge. My daughter just signed up and she has the latest and the greatest but loyal old me has the oldest and the simply get by-est. Thank you for all your replies and I'm gonna keep hunting. Someone has to have the code for a universal remote. I have two TV's set up so I'll try programming the Directv remote with DVD, Stereo etc. That was a good suggestion.

Thanks again,
Rob

Yeah, I can see the point about upgrading certainly but right now I'm stuck with the box I have. I'm probably getting too old but since I've been a loyal customer for over 10 or more years it would be nice if Directv upgraded me at no charge. My daughter just signed up and she has the latest and the greatest but loyal old me has the oldest and the simply get by-est. Thank you for all your replies and I'm gonna keep hunting. Someone has to have the code for a universal remote. I have two TV's set up so I'll try programming the Directv remote with DVD, Stereo etc. That was a good suggestion.

Thanks again,
Rob

Chances are you WILL be able to do the D* remote to make it work the others, but not the other way around.
Suggestion :
How about suggesting the kids upgrade you ?
You can probably have the latest and greatest too for minimal cost difference, thats what I did for my parents !

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts