College football bowl bid acceptances and matchups

Why the slam on Illinois ?

Both teams came out of nowhere to have a great season last year.

Both teams have entertaining quarterbacks and can score a lot of points.

This year, Kansas played without stud CB Aqub Talib; Illinois was without Rashard Mendenhall.

Kansas did beat Missouri; who the hell did Illinois beat? The Illini lost to every decent opponent they played (Northwestern, Mizzou, tOSU, etc.)

Both teams came out of nowhere to have a great season last year.

Both teams have entertaining quarterbacks and can score a lot of points.

This year, Kansas played without stud CB Aqub Talib; Illinois was without Rashard Mendenhall.

Kansas did beat Missouri; who the hell did Illinois beat? The Illini lost to every decent opponent they played (Northwestern, Mizzou, tOSU, etc.)

Thats not fair ...
Illinois lost 90% of thier offense, Mendenhaul
Kansas lost thier CB.

Looks like it'll be Carolina-West Virginia in the Muffler Bowl in Charlotte. That's gonna be a hot ticket with all the local UNC fans and WVU is known for travelling well.

Looks like it'll be Carolina-West Virginia in the Muffler Bowl in Charlotte. That's gonna be a hot ticket with all the local UNC fans and WVU is known for travelling well.

The Muffler bowl ???

Ya know, they really have WAS to many bowl games.
I hope some day the NCAA makes a ruling that you have to have at LEAST a winning record to be in a bowl game, preferably 8 wins.

Jimbo

Yeah I know the sponsor is terrible, but both UNC and WVU are 8-4 so they would meet your criteria.

FWIW, with Arizona State losing to Arizona last night the Hawaii Bowl is likely taking Notre Dame to play against Hawaii. This is being reported by both Honolulu newpapers.

FWIW, with Arizona State losing to Arizona last night the Hawaii Bowl is likely taking Notre Dame to play against Hawaii. This is being reported by both Honolulu newpapers.

Hmmm.
There was thoughts late last night that said the Irish may be going to the Motor City Bowl.

I guess it will all shake out in a few more hours, 8pm.

the Hawaii Bowl is likely taking Notre Dame to play against Hawaii.

This may be the Irish's best chance to actually win a bowl game. Hawaii is not the Hawaii of a few years ago- of course, losing Colt Brennan and June Jones will do that.

I'll be honest. I don't mind the bowl games. There have been many bowl games that have been around forever. If you eliminate some of the newer bowls you'll still have too many.

Besides, a lot of these bowls fall between Christmas and New Year's. I mean are you really going to sit and watch every bowl game. Let the 6-6 teams have some fun.
I will say that I do think they should end the bowls on Jan. 1 and none of this GMAC Bowl crap playing the game before the BCS Title game and after the Sugar Bowl. That makes no sense.

This may be the Irish's best chance to actually win a bowl game. Hawaii is not the Hawaii of a few years ago- of course, losing Colt Brennan and June Jones will do that.

The Hawaii Bowl is played on Christmas Eve? Wow, Norte Dame in a bowl on Christmas Eve.

I actually have a dumb question. What are you guys going to watch? The BCS Selection Show on FOX at 8 pm lasting until a new episode of The Simpsons (WOOHOO!!!) at 8:30. OR The Bowl Selection Show on ESPN lasting from 8 pm to 11 pm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts