College football games at home

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find much when I search for some info. I'm a big Buckeye fan that just recently moved to North Carolina and I have Dish of course. I just wanted to know if I can watch most Buckeye games here if I order the Multi Sport Pack or get ESPN game plan. I would rather watch the games here at home than go out every Saturday and spend money and get fat...lol. Thanks!

When I moved from Alabama to South Carolina and Virginia, before ESPN really locked up the SEC, I always had Game Plan and the RSN package. Gameplan is pricey though for how much I used it, so I cant answer that. Id start out with the Sports Pack and only add GP if you needed. You can prob get the sports pack for 50% off if you ask.

Okay I will check that out. I probably wouldn't use GP enough to justify the cost, I was wondering though how many Big Ten games are being shown in this area.

If you get the Multi-Sport package you will get every Big 10 game live either on the Big 10 channels or on other networks. I live in Northern California and can see all of them....

With the Bucks being ranked 2nd this year they will get a lot of nationally televised games so you should be able to see most on ESPN or ABC. Get the multi-sport pack for BTN and you'll be able to see them play a few games.

I pray the Hawkeyes put up a good fight in Columbus this year.

With the Bucks being ranked 2nd this year they will get a lot of nationally televised games so you should be able to see most on ESPN or ABC. Get the multi-sport pack for BTN and you'll be able to see them play a few games.

I pray the Hawkeyes put up a good fight in Columbus this year.

You never know. I pray that the Bucks don't get too big of head this year. As long as they beat Michigan!

I live in NC and have never missed a game. What DMA are you in? ACC Network/SEC Network on locals is the only potential difference from here to there.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's good to hear. I didn't know if college football had weird blackout laws like pro sports do or not

Here's how it works....In general. If the incumbent package holder has a game on tv, the game will be shown on the network feed either regionally or nationally.
If the game is local only, it will appear on Game Plan.
Also. Let's say if there is a conflict between the network game and your local affiate's contract to show local games, you'll get the local game.
For example. Here in my DMA, our CBS affiliate has a contract with the ACC. So if CBS is carrying an SEC game and it's up against an ACC game, due to contractual obligations, we get the ACC game.
I forget which network handles the Big Ten. Might be ABC...In our DMA, our local ABC affiliate will pick up a game of local interest such as South Carolina vs .........That is even if ABC is showing a Big Ten game.
Now, if ESPN has the rights to certain games and they pick a game that is televised locally here, the ESPN feed will be blacked out and the game shown on the local network affiliate.
Like I said, this is how it works in general.
Here's a link that explains some of this stuff.
http://www.nccscougar.org/rhunter/S...r_8/Comparison of Conference TV Contracts.pdf

I forget which network handles the Big Ten. Might be ABC...In our DMA, our local ABC affiliate will pick up a game of local interest such as South Carolina vs .........That is even if ABC is showing a Big Ten game.
Big10 games are on ABC. In MOST cases if you dont get the game on your local ABC its on ESPN/ESPN2. If there are 3 games on ABC at the same time (2:30 Central) then one is on game plan only (if not on local ABC). Here is an example for NC (scroll down to the 3:30 ABC games)
http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly?week=7&sportYear=football2012
Oregon at BYU would be on Game Plan
WV/TT was on local station
Illinois/Michigan was on ESPN

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts