College Football Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
SBS6 is one of the big ones
G11, AMC5, AMC3, IA8 are other good ones

AMC2 I think has some too but that satellite is tougher to get on the border states (MN, WI, FL, TX, etc)

if you don't have an analog box, I highly suggest getting one. the old C/KU boxes work really good :)

Iceberg said:
SBS6 is one of the big ones
G11, AMC5, AMC3, IA8 are other good one. If you don't have an analog box, I highly suggest getting one. the old C/KU boxes work really good :)

Iceberg is right (as usual:p ), SBS 6 is loaded with college games every Saturday, Jefferson Polit uses it, ESPN Plus uses G3 and G4 and ABC on IA(T) 6, plus what he noted. At least that's were they were last year. These are just C and Ku analog, DVB has a lot also.

!!!!!!GO IRISH!!!!!!

Last edited:
Cool, thanks guys!
I actually have an old uniden C/Ku analog receiver.
Will definitely check it out!
GO BUCKEYES!
I always get nervous when they play Minnesota at Minnesota.
Glen Mason wanted the OSU job.

patbelcher said:
Where would you get a spun aluminum dish now days?

I haven't seen any of those in years, except the one in my backyard. The only thing I can say is cruise around and see if you can come across one that's not in use and ask if the owner (not me) is willing to part with it. Chances are if it's not in use they will let you have it with the magic word attached to it, free.:)

Attachments

• Dsc00210.jpg
    Dsc00210.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Dsc00212.jpg
    Dsc00212.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
yes it does....next time I go to Indiana I have to swing by and find that dish
(note to self...bring U-Haul and lots of wrenches...oh and a power saw :D

I'm a displaced Big Ten fan living in the Mid-Atlantic...can't tell you how bad the football coverage is in this part of the country: Virginia, VA Tech, Duke, Clemson, Maryland, Wake Forrest, etc...el stinko! Quite often, ABC's national coverage doesn't broadcast the good games down past PA.

I've looked into FTA, but so far only ESPN's GamePlan has been able to provide my College Football fix.

Diamond Jim said:
Thank you, kinda chokes you up doesn't it.;)

It is a beautiful dish, but it could be better. Now if it were spun aluminum and Cassegrain well that's just about as close to perfection as it gets. :D

College football feeds pop around 10am ET and last to about 3:30am ET depending if there is a Hawaii telecast or not. More and more feeds are going digital, but Jefferson Pilot and some ESPN +Plus feeds were still analog last year.

OK, so really dumb question.

I've got a 36" dish, Fortec Platinum NA receiver (that I am NOT trying to hack, thank you very much), Stab HH90 and Invacom Universal LNBF - could I get a cheap analog Ku receiver and ... not sure what the proper terminology is ... chain them together? How would I move the motor?

I too got the dish for Persian programming (for the wife, my Farsi is rudimentary and horrible) and random stations around the country to watch local-area football games ... Come Saturdays in fall we're going to have to fight for the receiver.

Check on ebay for older c/ku receivers. There out there.
Won't part with mine.
I think Ohio State will be puttin' the hurt on whoever they play, provided that the defense is in order. That's the big ?
Go Buckeyes!

Yes you can loop them together. Get an analog box on E-bay (C/KU boxes are the best).

You use the “loop out” of the DVB box (your current receiver) and loop that to the in on the analog box. The analog box gets the same polarity as the DVB box but it works great :D

Tight. Any recommendations? I tried looking around but kept trying to filter out all the DTV/Dish/FTA stuff ... with little to no luck. I really have no idea what I'm looking for...

C/KU Receiver

On fleabay go to consumer electronics, then click satellite, then ckich standard receivers, and in the search box (check title and description) type Uniden. You'll find a couple of "oldies but goodies" listed for fairly resonable prices.
Hope this helps.
Pat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts