What do I need to get started??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SatAdam

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 2, 2006
I assume I need a card, but after reading a few threads, I'm even more lost. I assume these will control diseqc switches etc?

I would like to set up a DVR of sorts on an unused machine, PCI is probally going to be the way to go since I am lacking the USB 2.0 ports (but I could get an adapter card if it really is better to go that way)

Any pointers or a direction I should head?

Cascade

Cascade

Goose.
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
hrv said:
i purchase coolsat 500 setting it up all i have is free channels the rest are scrambled,imjust new i dont know what to do can someone pls help me........

8 months ago I'd have banned you myself......

Cascade

Cascade

Goose.
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
SatAdam said:
I would like to set up a DVR of sorts on an unused machine, PCI is probally going to be the way to go since I am lacking the USB 2.0 ports (but I could get an adapter card if it really is better to go that way)

Any pointers or a direction I should head?

If you're using the unused machine as a server of sorts there are all kinds of apps you can use to remotely record, PCI cards are more compatible and less of a headache (IMO) and grabbing/streaming video from the server to another machine/xbox etc is a true thing of beauty.

If the machine has enough horsepower you could even use it as a HTPC/DVR

USB is very handy for mobility, the USB DVB box I reviewed a long time ago was permanently attached to my laptop - I even took the whole setup (Including a smallish dish) up to the inlaws one weekend just for the fun of it.

PSB

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Thanks for the heads up Cascade :)

BANNED!

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN