Help finding AMC 4 -for RTP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TWOIFBYSEA

Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Ok .. I want to set up AMC 4 for my father in law.

I've been using a thread from 2004 from this very forum as reference and seem to be experiancing the same thing the other fellow 2 years went through. DOING EVERYTHING right and just not finding the bird.

Setup: 2700 A pansat
LNB: Standard
22khz-off
diseqc - 4 (i have two other dishes connected so i know my 32 " is 4)
TP- I've used 12169/4/3003 as a reference because what he wants is RTP -portuguese
positioner setting-disabled
sat scan-all

^

This is what im working with.

I just CANNOT get a "quality" read at all.

So i follwed some advice and did random "blind scans" and actually managed to find 42 chanels (cuba, spanish, italia, iraq etc....) which i think was called "galaxia"

*someone told me yesterday finding the bird on a blind scan was like hitting the bulls eye with my eyes closed:eek:

problem is..i found it by pure luck and have not found anything since.

I'm confident i'm doing things right as far as the setup is concerned (ive had not problerm finding d-sh or BEV in the past) i just cannot kind this bird.

Also in antena setup it has AMC/4 and AMC/4ku

^is there a difference.

I'm open to ANY advice on this...I'd love tp be a hero for my father in law before Saturdays World cup starts :devil:

welcome :wave

If you were able to get something, then the LNB is probably working fine.
RTPI is at 12169 freq
H polarity
3003 symbol rate

There are a couple church channels on that satellite that are VERY strong. They are at 11822 H 5700. What I would do is scroll down to where the transponders are (2nd or 3rd from bottom), select the one I posted (11822 one) and try and pick that up. Then you can fine tune from there.

Where ya located? Then we can see fi the angles are right :)

Mississauga,On, Canada.

Yes we managed to get something so i'm confident in the setup. It's my abilty to locate the bird :confused:

I've moved that dish up and down left and right and the quality just sits idle @ 0%
---------------------

http://www.satelliteguys.us/archive/index.php/t-13267.html

^this is the previous thread i was using as reference- guy seemed to have been having the same problem i'm having... locating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the numbers and it looks like the dish should be for AMC4
35.4 elevation
220 for azimuth
+21 for skew (if you stand in front facing the dish, turn the lnb counterclockwise)

This is where i revert back to total newb.

So skew means i physically move the LNB then change the skew # in antenna setup.

+21 (how/where to i scale what +21 is)

--------------------

azimuth im learning about ...left/right. But without a "starting point" (or knowledge of a compasse) again i'm lost.

So i skew the LNB ... go to antenna set up and find TP 11822 one and keep moving that baby until i see a quality spike ... and work from there?

also my reciever has AMC 4 and AMC 4/ku -is there a difference?

I guess my biggest setback is not having a starting point... for my azimuth.

TWOIFBYSEA said:
So i skew the LNB ... go to antenna set up and find TP 11822 one and keep moving that baby until i see a quality spike ... and work from there?
yep. Make sure to move S L O W L Y...KU band is lower powered. I get it in general area and move 1/8" at a time and wait a couple seconds

also my reciever has AMC 4 and AMC 4/ku -is there a difference?
use AMC4 KU...do you know what type of LNB you have? Is there a LNB LO on it?

I guess my biggest setback is not having a starting point... for my azimuth.

well 180 is south and 270 is straight west...225 is 1/2 way in between so its close to straight SW

I guess thats is brotha.... i'll take a 2nd kick at the can tonight and see if i make some progress... with the new info.

either way i'm armed with some more info.

I'll re post if i find the bird.

cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)