Is Dish Tweaking Season 'Officially' Over?

I tweak my dishes.....

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe it was around this time last year that I did the Titanium C1 small dish project testing. Temp one day of it was -5F/-20C. Other night I needed stream samples for Amiko and was out at midnight with a portable motorized setup and a flashlight. At least that was around 32/0. You go out when things need to get done regardless of the weather. The only thing I won't do is testing or aiming in the rain or snow since those will skew Ku results.

Tip for anyone that doesn't know: Rain-X will keep snow and freezing rain from sticking to your reflector and LNB arm.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well I thought I was done ;) The FCS playoffs have mostly been on AMC 1 Ku. The only bird I don't see with my 10' dishes. Last Saturday I was tweaking that 1 meter prodlin to get a better signal on the game. I managed a couple of tenths signal strength improvement but no quality. It must have been poor at ESPN too because ten minutes into the game they cranked it up :) And we all were happy!

Reactions: FTA4PA
I got my 8' mesh dish tweaked again after a heavy, wet snow at the end of November threw it off a bit. Guess I'll remember to clean it off first next time before I try moving it.:facepalm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)