Color green on VIP211

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I have a VIP211 and the color has turned green on the HDTV. I have it run through an audio video receiver with component cables. I also, have a VIP 722 and the color is perfect. I can switch back and forth with one button on the Yamaha av receiver and the color is clearly green on the 211, but perfect on the 722. i rebooted the 211 and the color cleared up. But does anyone know where therw is a color adjustment on the 211. Or is rebooting the only solution. When I reboot, it lasts a day or two and sometimes the color changes from true color to green and back randomly.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
You cannot adjust the output on the receiver.

If the output is significantly different from the ViP722, you should consider not going through the receiver and using the TV's compensation capability to correct the difference on a secondary input. Bear in mind that the correction is typically pretty limited.

Does wiggling the receiver cause any flickering, or must it go through a complete reboot?

If it must go through a complete initialization, it is time for a replacement ViP211. I suppose you probably need to replace it either way.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I checked all the component cables, just in case. Now. I will wait and see if the color goes green again. Thanks guys and gals, as applicable.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
You cannot adjust the output on the receiver.

If the output is significantly different from the ViP722, you should consider not going through the receiver and using the TV's compensation capability to correct the difference on a secondary input. Bear in mind that the correction is typically pretty limited.

Does wiggling the receiver cause any flickering, or must it go through a complete reboot?

If it must go through a complete initialization, it is time for a replacement ViP211. I suppose you probably need to replace it either way.

If I hook up directly to the tv, I loose surround sound and end up with junk audio from the tv. If I hook up the video only, then the sound is out of sync

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts