Colorado Springs HD Locals on Dish Web Site

Yea for youse guys! Only a week late. Better late than never I guess. Now if they only adjusted the spot beam a bit so you can actually receive them. :)

No adjustment thus far. This morning signal strength was 19-20. However, next week I am adding a dedicated 30" dish for 129. Whatever it takes........;)

No adjustment thus far. This morning signal strength was 19-20. However, next week I am adding a dedicated 30" dish for 129. Whatever it takes........;)

Just out of curiosity, have you spoken to any neighbors with E* to see if they are getting the same low signal strengths? If so, I think I'd be tempted to converse with the CEO office about what, if anything, can be done.

Just out of curiosity, have you spoken to any neighbors with E* to see if they are getting the same low signal strengths? If so, I think I'd be tempted to converse with the CEO office about what, if anything, can be done.

Have not talked with the neighbors, but the signal strength projection on the web indicates that a minimum 24" dish needed for this spotbeam at my location. Also, I am getting 66 signal strength for the 129 Denver spotbeam off the same 1000+ dish. Issue is really the beam chosen, not my system.

The problem is that the Colorado Springs DMA goes all the way to the New Mexico border. So if Dish were to use the only other spotbeam available on Ciel-2 (Denver), folks in the rural southeastern part of DMA would have no coverage at all. Would be great for me, but would suck for them.

questions about Dish HD in Colorado Springs

Hi - First time posting here. I live in the Springs - near Academy and Dublin. I'm thinking about switching from Comcast to Dish's TurboHD - seems like a good deal.

Some of the previous posts mention issues with low signal strengths with the HD local channels. Can anyone please let me know about the quality of Dish's HD channels in the Springs- both the locals and otherwise?

Also, I've never had satellite before. Any weather-related issues, etc... that I may want to know before switching?

One last question - I have 3 TVs, only 1 is HD. Would I be able to view the TurboHD channels on the SD TVs (in SD)?

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts