Colorado Springs/Pueblo OTA

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I recently added E* 811 HDTV with an OTA. The DTV in my area comes in in the mid to lower 80s with the exception of KRDO 13, which is 49% then locks in around 61%. Since the transmitters are all at Cheyenne Mountain, I am wondering if KRDO is broadcasting a weaker DTV signal compared to KKTV and KXRM. KRDO is early in their DTV rollout and does not simulcast any HD at this time. Can any one confirm my suspicions? I emailed the station and they have not replied.

My Dish installer used an 18" dish mount instead of a traditional tripod and mast. I stuck a mast in the mount and then placed the antenna up about 3-4 feet higher and then KRDO came in in the low 70s.

I am considering calling them out to reinstall the OTA antenna, but it definitely looks better lower. I read the covenant for my development and they apparently do not want me to have an OTA on my roof. I am not sure if they can enforce this, but I assume this is for another post.

I am looking forward to my first Bronco game in HD tomorrow!

Thanks for reading.

J.VO

Answering my own question

I called KRDO and was told that they are testing at low power and would increase to full power and begin HD simulcasting around 2-3rd quarter 2005.

J.Vo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)