Columbus, Ohio MPEG4 Upgraders, am I missing anything??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Can't do without my HD TIVO (HR10-250) just wondering, those of us that have not upgraded because we are waiting for the new HD DVR are we missing anything, quality, quantity, anything? My locals come in fine with OTA (I am in Bexley) RSN's anything??

You are not missing anything. When I select to show only the HD channels in the guide I see STO showing but have never seen an Indians game in HD yet.

The LIL PQ is the same for me with the MPEG-4 or OTA. I cannot tell the difference. With that said I still watch the locals with the OTA. I get no Tribe games in HD , but I get Sport Time Ohio ch 657. But according to D* and STO I should not get the ch for the Columbus area (whole different and long story on that one). So, in order to watch the tribe I stay with STO. I feel like I can't call D* to find out about getting them in HD because they may take the SD ch from me. Any of you guys have the same problem?

Last edited:
Digital Dude said:
If I want to simulate HD locals I tune to channel 82 and watch the pixelization!

Digital Dude,

82 and local ota 4-1 are virtually the same for me. I do not get any pixelation on 82, never have.

landlocked said:
At least with OTA I won't get the 3 second audio delay on the HD-20. Ay caramba!

Landlocked (Dublin, OH)

I have yet to see any audio delays with my H20. The only time I have seen this is about 2 years ago when I first purchased a Hughes E86.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)