Columbus, Ohio Sports Fans

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Can we get FSN Pittsburgh in Columbus, Ohio if we subscribe to the mulit-sport pack...AND not be blacked out? I thought we were in FSN Pittsburgh's coverage area, but I'm not positive.

Well, I tried it out and added the multi-sports pack and it works! I'm able to see the Pirates vs. Cardinals in HD glory on FSN Pittsburgh. What an awesome area to be in...here in Westerville, OH I can get FSN Cincy HD, STO HD, FSN Ohio (Dish might get it in HD soon?), and now FSN Pittsburgh in HD. I am absolutely psyched! Should be great in the fall seeing Sidney Crosby play in HD. I could have sworn I remembered reading somewhere on these boards that you could get it from here with the sports pack.

I would keep quite about getting FSN Pittsburgh. In Columbus that is not a valid RSN. You may get it for now but it may not last very long.

Well, I tried it out and added the multi-sports pack and it works! I'm able to see the Pirates vs. Cardinals in HD glory on FSN Pittsburgh. What an awesome area to be in...here in Westerville, OH I can get FSN Cincy HD, STO HD, FSN Ohio (Dish might get it in HD soon?), and now FSN Pittsburgh in HD. I am absolutely psyched! Should be great in the fall seeing Sidney Crosby play in HD. I could have sworn I remembered reading somewhere on these boards that you could get it from here with the sports pack.

It is listed as a option on their website by zipcode.

I know that when I visit my parents in Worthington (North side), they get FSN Ohio (Cleveland). That would seem more logical to me than Pittsburgh.

// Scott A

Your parents should get FSN Ohio, FSN Cinci and Sports Time Ohio

Here in Dayton I only get FSN Cincinnati. Must be nice to have that many options for professional sports.

It is nice in the winter because we have the options of watching the Cavs and Bluejackets at the same time. The only channel I wish was not in existence is STO. The only thing they really carry is the Indians. Two years ago the Indians were on FSN Ohio.

So even though it's been several hours that I've had that FSN, I may still lose it?

You accidently jumped to another thread with your question so I replyed to it back into your OP. :D

I would have to say yes because you are not supposed to get that channel in Columbus. It is not one of the RSN's for our area. It might not be today or the next couple of weeks but when you make your next programming changed they might find that it is active and turn it off.

It is nice in the winter because we have the options of watching the Cavs and Bluejackets at the same time. The only channel I wish was not in existence is STO. The only thing they really carry is the Indians. Two years ago the Indians were on FSN Ohio.

You get both the Reds and Indians in HD up there though, so it can't all be bad.

Everyone in this thread is wrong. Columbus is part of the Pittsburgh Pirates home market and so their games are available through the multi-sports pack. As such these games are blacked out via Extra Innings. Don't expect to see any Pens games come fall though.

I think the blackout map makes this pretty clear.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2006/06/ipt/1150742098.jpg

If we are part of the home market for Pittsburgh why don't we get that RSN without the sports pack then? The local RSN's for Columbus is FSN Ohio, FSN Cinci and STO that is all that was really said in this thread. With that being said IMO that could all change for the OP at any time.

If we are part of the home market for Pittsburgh why don't we get that RSN without the sports pack then? The local RSN's for Columbus is FSN Ohio, FSN Cinci and STO that is all that was really said in this thread. With that being said IMO that could all change for the OP at any time.

We are in the home market for the Pittsburgh Pirates, not Pittsburgh in general. FSN Pittsburgh is not a local RSN in Columbus but people in Columbus are eligible to receive Pirates games (and will get them if they subscribe to the sports pack)under the arcane and stupid broadcasting rules of baseball. Did you look at the map? This really isn't that hard to comprehend and it's not worth my time to argue if you don't get it.

It is listed as a option on their website by zipcode.

We are in the home market for the Pittsburgh Pirates, not Pittsburgh in general. FSN Pittsburgh is not a local RSN in Columbus but people in Columbus are eligible to receive Pirates games (and will get them if they subscribe to the sports pack)under the arcane and stupid broadcasting rules of baseball. Did you look at the map? This really isn't that hard to comprehend and it's not worth my time to argue if you don't get it.

Not me, I stated earlier in the thread it is available to Cols.Ohten.

If the Pirates claim his zipcode as their home territory, he has the MultiSport package, and he has the right equipment to see FSN-P HD, he should get the Pirates games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)